Chapter 13 - Part 1: The Naming

Kyle's POV

"He won't be there." Arty tried to assure me.

Arty was probably right but what would be there was me. Mom's car in-front came to a stop just outside the city boundaries.

Next to me, on the passenger seat Arty cringed. Even he was bothered by the scene. Maybe it was just that me and him would come to the edge often to admire freedom. Our old self ended so quickly and in bad terms.

"Remember that? "He asked pointing to the great oak tree which we would climb and watch the cars drive by.

"I remember the days…"

The days when he was my wing-man. When Arty help me meet 'him.'

Mom rode with Tyler and the twins. She knew that I would want some time to myself coming back. Tyler was too quiet and reserved to have a conversation with. James was still a bit down about what happened with his brother. Jamie was ok but he had to deal with his twin first.

"Well atleast Daniel is still here, he's nice." Arty said referring to my cousin. Before all this he was the only one who knew I was gay.

Speak of the devil. Just as we parked on the side of Aunt Edna's house Danny burst out. Ecstatic little Danny was always the first to greet me. I still don't understand why me? Mom said it was because he looked up to me.

"You're back!" Danny cheered.  For a 10 year old he was quite strong. He jumped in my arms as soon as I stepped off the car and tightened his arms around me.

"I missed you!" I whispered, hugged him back and set him back down.

"How are you Danny?"

He smiled wide,

"I'm good. That bully doesn't bother me anymore."

"Hey is that Danny?"mom asked cheerfully.

I nodded and he ran over to her as aunt Edna walked out to greet us. She tightened her embrace on me almost leaving me without air.

"It's good to have you back dear. How've you been doing?"

'I'm good. Better I mean.'

She nodded and went over to my mom. We talked through a psychic link. She knew I was still hurting.

"Ky?" Danny pulled my sleeve." Who are they?"

"Don't point. Danny these are some friends." I explained and introduced them.

"Where's your sister?"

My least favorite cousin. Emma was mean, somewhat evil. She was definitely cold. When I had this bad past experience she just claimed it was done to get attention.

"You still think I'm cold?" She asked from the door.

"Well you still think I want attention." I pointed out.

'I love and miss you too Emm.'

Emma having heard my psy message nodded. 

"Come inside, it's freezing out here." Aunt Edna suggested.

She ushered us into the living-room. Aunt Edna and mom stepped into the kitchen for grownup talk. Like I couldn't hear them.

My mind went wandering. Danny had hit it off with the twins. Even Tyler started to converse with Emma. All I could think of was my past. Those memories tormented me even in my dreams. Here they became all too real.

Mmm that smell. Christmas. My favorite occasion. The only time when people don't seem so self-centered, conceited jerks they probably were.

"Try to forget, it what I would want."