THREE

THREE

PIPER
"MCLEAN, Grace, get in here!" Reyna yelled. Me and Jason looked at each other and then got up from our desks.
I glanced at the TV screen and saw the pictures that the news had been repeatedly playing. The picture of an elfish boy, which faded into the picture of the couple in a wedding photograph and then finally faded into a picture of my best friend.
Hazel Levesque. We've been best friends since high school, and she is (and I'm sure this is true) the nicest sweetest person on this earth, she owns a small art studio in the centre of Chicago, she always thinks about others above herself, seriously she's the type of person who would ask from her deathbed if someone was alright, and now she's gone, they took her.
The headline of the news article is 'They Strike Again' I sigh and keep walking. We go into Reyna's office. She gestures for us to sit down, not looking up from her computer. She finishes off what she was typing and then looks at us.
"So I take it that you guys have heard the news?" Reyna asked us. We both nodded, it was obvious which news she was talking about, she looked from me to Jason, "I want you guys on the case."
We looked at each other, "We'll get back to you, can we have some of time to discuss?"
"Go ahead," Reyna grinned.
We both stood up and walked out. Jason turned to look at me, "Piper we can't take it."
"Why not?" I asked.
"Pipes?" he raised an eyebrow, "you have a personal relation to the case, we can't take it."
"Please Jason," I pleaded with him, "this is the biggest case that we'll ever be offered, no it's the biggest case there is, we have to take it."
He rolled his eyes, "Fine, but now we're breaking about all the rules that there are to break," he grinned and looked around and then lent down and kissed me.

********

We walked back into Reyna's office, and sat back down.
"Have you guys decided?" she asked raising an eyebrow.
"Yes," Jason said, casting me one last glance, he closed his eyes and took a deep breath, "we'll take it."

********

After we talked with Reyna about the case and she handed us the file, we headed back to our desks.
"So," Jason said as he put down the file and sat down in his chair, "we'd better get started." He threw me half of the stack of paper, and we both started reading our newest assignment.

********

I had just finished my stack of papers and looked up at Jason.
"You know what I'm thinking here don't you?" Jason asked me.
I nodded "We need an inside man."
He grinned "This is why we're partners," I laughed, "You just get me!"
"I think I know who we could use," I looked over to the holding cell where the Canadian man sat.
Jason followed my gaze, "good idea."

********

"So Frank," Jason sat down in the interrogation room, looking down at Frank's papers. "You're a con-man, so you can obviously be bought, what's your price?"
Frank looked at Jason defiantly.
"So you're going for the silent treatment then?" Jason raise an eyebrow, "that's not going to-"
"Look Frank," I interrupted, "I've dealt with your kind before, and you can all be bought, what's your price?"
Frank glared at me, "my freedom."
"What do you mean by that?" Jason asked.
"I mean I want to be let go, I want my records wiped and I want to be allowed to leave." He told us.
I looked at Jason, and we made a decision.
"Okay then," Jason said.
"Perfect," Frank leant back in his chair, "What exactly do you want me to do?"

Hey guys!!!!!!!
Here's chapter 3, how do you like it?
Remember to vote, comment and give me a sneaky follow!
~Em xx