NINETEEN

Annabeth

I woke to the sound of rocks hitting my window. I hurried out of bed and looked out of my window. There stood Thalia. She had a death to Barbie tshirt on and a death glare on her face. But she didn't look threatening, she looked sad. In the moonlight I could see tear tracks tracing their way down her face.

I opened my window. "Thalia what's the matter?" I asked as she began to climb up the drainpipe next to my window. She didn't reply. She climbed in through the window and collapsed on the floor.

Thalia wasn't one to cry. In fact I had never seen her cry before, but that night in my room I couldn't get her to stop.

"Luke!" She sniffed, "we were at the park and then the police arrived and said that they were taking him in for questioning!"

"What for?" I pressed her.

Thalia looked up at me, tears shining in her eyes, "murder, they think that he killed someone!" Thalia let out another wail and broke out into sobs again.

"He didn't did he?" I asked, I hated to ask that because I wanted to believe that Luke wasn't capable of it, but he did have a temper and a hate for authorities after what had happened to his mother.

"Of course he didn't, he couldn't this is Luke we're talking about!" Thalia glared at me, "you think he did it!" She accused me as she sprung to her feet.

I gasped, "no Thalia I just-."

"Save it!" She cut me off and climbed back out of the window and ran off into the night, leaving me sitting on the floor of my bedroom in my pyjamas feeling like the worst person on earth.

********

I felt the accusing eyes of Bianca Di Angelo on the back of my neck as I sat next to Thalia in the court room.

Her brother was dead, and she believed that I was trying to prevent his killer from going into jail. But Like couldn't, he wouldn't kill a fourteen year old boy. I knew that he couldn't.

The trial started. Doctors, teachers, Luke's mother, Bianca Di Angelo and Thalia were all called to the stand to give their testimony. After hours the judge finally came to a verdict.

"Guilty!" He declared to the court.

Thalia burst into tears, I put an arm around her, "shush, Thals its okay, stop crying." I told her.

She locked eyes with Luke for the last time as he was lead from the room. A silent message that I couldn't read seemed to pass between the two of them before the court room door shut and Luke was gone.

********

Thalia climbed in my window again a few days after the trial.

"He didn't do it," Thalia insisted. She wasn't upset anymore, she was pissed off, "I'm going to get him out of that prison they've got him in, he doesn't deserve to be there!"

"Thalia you're talking about breaking into a high security prison!" I looked at her, completely stunned. But there was no reasoning with her at all, she had the look of a madwoman in her eye. The look that I had on occasion seen in Luke's mother's eye when she was having one of her fits.

I didn't see Thalia again for years.

Hey guys, here's the last part of Part 2. Part 3 will be up soon(ish).
Remember to vote, comment and give my other books a read!
~Em xx