FIFTEEN

"Guilty!” The judge slammed his hammer down on the wooden block, “the defendant will be sentenced to live the rest of his life in prison, for the mass murder of his wedding party.”
The court room was silent, no one spoke. They had finally put the infamous Percy Jackson away, they were in shock.
Jason and Piper were sitting at the back of the court room. They had tried and failed to convince their superiors that Percy was innocent, and no one was willing to be his lawyer so he was completely and utterly screwed.
Percy just sat at the front of the court room staring into space, no one saw, but Percy Jackson shed a tear, not for himself, but because he knew that he would never see Annabeth again.

A tear slid down Annabeth Chase’s cheek as she, Hazel, Frank and Leo sat watching the news. The headline currently on screen was;
JACKSON FINALLY JAILED, MAN HUNT CONTINUES FOR ANNABETH CHASE

Jason
I plonked myself down on the sofa in Piper’s New York apartment dejectedly.
“I know that we did all that we could,” Piper said as she sat down next to me, “but why do I feel like we should've done more?”
“Because we should've,” I sighed, Piper turned on the TV to a news coverage of earlier that day when Percy had been escorted out of the court house by two prison guards. I saw myself and Piper filling out of the court house with the crowd, both of us with sad looks on our faces.
I remembered how Percy had looked for us just before he was shoved into the police car, how he had caught my eye and mouthed ‘it's okay’ before being roughly shoved into the car and driven off towards the secure prison that he was to spend the rest of his life at.
I looked at Piper, a determined look on my face, “we're going to bust him out.”
“What?” Piper asked, with a small laugh, “you can't be serious Jason!”
“Oh I'm dead serious,” I flashed her a grin.
“So we're going to break into the most high security prison in the country and just casually walk out with one of their most guarded prisoners!” Piper said, with a look of shock on her face, “you're insane!”
“Pretty much,” I nodded, “but that's what you love about me.”
Piper laughed, “you're not wrong.”

Annabeth
I stared at the television screen that had a mugshot of Percy displayed in the left hand corner, whilst to the right a woman was saying something.
I locked eyes with the mugshot and it seemed as if Percy was staring right back at me, despite it being a mugshot he still had the traces of his troublemaker grin on his lips. His hair was messy and his eyes were bright. He seemed to be imploring me to do one thing, to run, to get as far away from America as I could. But he must’ve known that I wasn't going anywhere.
“I'll get you out Percy,” I muttered so that the other three couldn't hear, “I swear.”

HEY GUYS!!!
ENJOY THE CHAPTER!!!
Rember to vote, comment and go read my other books!
~Em xx