House On Fire

I walked towards my own home when I saw flames. I followed them to my house.

"No.. No! NO!" I cried out as I ran. There were police men and firefighters already outside my house.

"Hold it there!" I heard a male's voice. I turned around to see a police man. I pulled away and ran into my house, ducking low under the fallen beams.

"Aidan! Kyle! Kyra?! Guys?!" I shouted as I combed the house. I got to Aidan's room. I coughed as I inhaled the smoke. 

"Alecxis?!" 

"Aidan!" I ran into Aidan's room. In the corner, Aidan was sitting with Kyle and Kyra, who were holding onto him tight. The corner where there sat wasn't burnt at all. I made my way over to them, making a clear walk way through the fire using my powers. 

This is an emergency. I'm allowed use my powers. I repeated that over and over until I reached them.

"What happened?" I asked as I hurriedly picked up Kyra, who was crying hard. "Tell me later. Grab Kyle and follow me." So Aidan scooped up Kyle who looked as if he was holding back the tears. Aidan talked to him gently as we ran out.

-Max's P.O.V.-

I arrived at Alecxis' house. It was engulfed in flames. I ran towards it. As I came closer, I saw four figures, tow being carried by the older ones, emerge from the flames. The police and firemen hurriedly got them all to the nearest ambulance. I noticed some magic was emitting from all four of them.

Aidan must have used an illusion spell! 

I ran towards Alecxis. One of the police men tried to stop me but I got away.

"Alecxis!" I saw her put a crying Kyra onto the ground.

"Max!"

I got to her and pulled her into a hug. Alecxis began to cry.

"It'll be ok." I whispered to her as Aidan sat down, holding Kyle's hand and hold Kyra in his other arm. I held onto Alecxis as she cried.

"What happened?" I asked Aidan.

"I'll tell you later." I saw that he too was fighting back some tears.

James and Jack must have already left before this happened.

I looked at Alecxis to find her fast asleep. 

~~~~

-Alecxis' P.O.V.-

"Ugh..." I slowly opened my eyes.

"You're finally awake, sleepy head." I heard Max's voice.

I looked up and saw that my head was on Max's shoulder. I quickly sat up straight and turned my head towards the window of what seemed to be a mini bus, to hide the fact that I was blushing.

"Where are we?" I asked as I turned back to face Max. He stared at me, confused but answered my question.

"We're on our way to H.Q. right now." he replied.

"Why?"

"Well.. I don't exactly know why just yet but I heard something about you guys being relocated." 

"What!?" I panicked. "Where is Aidan and the other two?"

"In front. Aidan put Kyle and Kyra to sleep after that. Then he went to sleep too."

Oh god. I must have fallen asleep!

"Max?"

"Yeah?" 

"I... This... This proves my thought. I mean, remember when you were in that car crash? Well, I had a feeling you were being targeted. And this shows that thought was correct. It couldn't have been a coincidence!" I felt tears threatening to fall.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean you were targeted. But maybe it wasn't you. Maybe it was me. I was in your car before the crash. Someone could have seen us get in but didn't see me get out. Then whoever crashed that other car, he or she must have found out where we lived. Question is. Why?" I explained.

"That could be true." Max thought for a second.

"Are you guys awake?" Aidan woke up.

"Yes." I answered.

"Good. Can I come down? I don't want to wake Kyle and Kyra."

"Ok." Aidan sat on the far side. Max was at the window and I was beside him. Aidan sat at the other window.

"I'm going to tell you guys what happened." Aidan said. "By the way, this is from what I could see. And what I know." Me and max nodded.

"Well, I was with Kyle and Kyra in my room. Kyle went outside, wanting to get something from his room. A few minutes later, he came back in, this time running. he told me there's something hot on the stairs. I didn't know what he meant by this but Kyle seemed spooked. I left Kyle and Kyra in my room and went to the door. As soon as I opened it, I saw flames. I closed the door but it was already burning. I tried to stop the fire using my own fire magic but that meant that my body would be engulfed in flames. I couldn't do that for two reason. One, the room was to small because the fire had already eaten away half the room. And two, both Kyle and Kyra were holding onto me tightly. I didn't want to hurt them so all I could do was keep the fire at bay. Then Alecxis came in and got us out. You both know what happened from then on." Aidan finished.

I moved over to Aidan and gave him a hug. My older brother seemed surprised at first but he didn't move away. 

"Aidan, thank god your ok." I told him. I saw, out of the corner of my eye, Aidan smile.

"I'd better go back to Kyle and Kyra. Their waking up." and with that, Aidan got up and went down to mind my younger siblings.

Me and Max sat in silence for a while. After about thirty minutes, we stopped.

The driver got out and opened the door. Aidan hoped down first and helped Kyle and Kyra down. I followed then Max.

"We're here." the driver pointed us to a bunch of guards. I saw James and Jack standing with them.

"Jack! James!" I ran over to them. "Why are we at H.Q.?"

"We're being relocated, Alecxis." Jack replied.

Max and Aidan heard this.

"Why? I mean, I know why but we're not leaving, are we?"

"Well, H.Q. are trying to get us a house near our old one but it's risky because someone knows where we lived. And where Max and his family live. Max," James turned to Max. "You and your family are going to be relocated with us."

Max's jaw dropped. He started to protest but he was cut short when the leader of the group of guards told us we had to get into H.Q.

I followed in silence. My mind was spinning. Even though I'd been at headquarters tons of times before, I felt uneasy because of our current situation. I felt someone grip my hand. It was Max.

"Max, you've been here before right?" I asked.

"Yeah. But only about two time. For tests and stuff. I've never really had a reason to come here."

"Ok." I went quiet again.

What's going to happen? Where are we being relocated to? I hope Max's family are ok.

My last thought was confirmed a few minutes later. There, standing with another group of guards, was Max's family.