11. paper doll

Does it make you feel good to make me feel small?- Bea Miller

"What rhymes with 'Indiana?'"

"Ripe banana,"

Indiana looked up from her sheet music, lips pressed in a thin line. She looked down at her guitar, contemplating what to do next.

"Don't," Normani jumped up. "Don't kill Bea and Camila with your guitar,"

"Why not," she asked, voice monotone.

"They're your friends,"

"Are they?"

"Yes," Bea and Camila nodded in sync, shit eating grins on their faces.

"You love us," Camila said.

"Also you can't get rid of us, we signed a five year contract," Bea added.

Lauren stirred. Camila was sitting crossed legged on one of the plane's couches with Lauren's head in her lap. Camila was aimlessly running her hand through the green eyed girl's hair while she slept.

"Are we there yet?" she yawned.

"Not yet. Go back to sleep," Camila said. Lauren nodded, before closing her eyes again.

It had been a two weeks since Camila told Lauren she wasn't involved with anyone but her. It helped put Lauren at ease, slightly. She was still upset over Luis cheating on her. But she knew Camila would never do that. Or she hoped.

Wait what? No. They're not together. They're friends.

(Friends with benefits, at least)

Camila's fingers brushed over the purple bruise on Lauren's collarbone, a result from the night prior. She smirked.

Bea kicked Camila's thigh, causing the guitarist to jump.

"Quit lollygagging and help me finish," Bea said, handing Camila her notebook. "Indiana has this sick guitar intro I wanna use. If we're lucky, we can perform it in Vancouver in a couple of days.

"That fast?" Camila asked.

"I hope so," Bea pursed her lips. "I'm really excited for this. I'm going to propose it to be a single on our next album,"

"I'm liking the title," Camila nodded. "'She's So Gone.' What's it about?"

"Eh, mainly growing up. The changes I've been going through and how I'm different from high school," Bea grinned sheepishly.

Camila smiled warmly at Bea. "I'm proud of you,"

Bea blushed. "Thanks, I've been trying to take some of my past problems and put them in my work. Like this new song called Dem-"

"Past problems?" Austin cut in. Bea forgot that the boys were also on the plane. She internally groaned.

"Yeah," she said. "I was bullied,"

"Really?" Brad asked. "Cause a lot of celebs say that. Were you really?"

"Is it because you're short?" Shawn asked.

"Or that your hair looks weird?" James asked.

"Or that you have lesbian moms?" Tristan said.

Bea looked stunned. Her mouth fell open.

"Shut the fuck up," Camila growled.

"Don't you guys have any courtesy?" Indiana spat.

"Or a brain?" Zendaya sneered.