9. captain dinah

explicit

Yeah, I'll let you set the pace, cause I'm not thinking straight, my head's spinning around I can't see clear no more, what are you waiting for?- Ellie Goulding

"That's great, yeah. It's suppose to be really pretty there," Lauren heard Camila say. Lauren stepped out of the shower, wrapping herself in a towel. "Is it just you three-? Oh, Ben's coming? Is Jack?"

"Pretty sure Luke has a concert in Orlando this weekend, too. We should meet him somewhere," Lauren heard Camila gasp. "We could go to Disney World!"

"Possibly," a muffled voice said. Lauren walked into the room after she got dressed in her pajamas. "How long is the drive from Miami?"

"Like three and a half hours," Lauren said, figuring that Camila didn't know her way around Florida.

"Who's that?" the voice asked.

"Lauren. She's in one of the bands," Camila smiled at the other girl.

"Lauren Jauregui?" a little voice squealed. "From 4H?"

"Yep," Camila nodded. She signaled to Lauren. "C'mere,"

"Hi," Lauren said, plopping down next to Camila. Three people were on the screen, a middle aged couple and a child.

"Hello dear, we're Camila's parents. I'm Liz and this is my husband Andy," the woman smiled warmly.

"I'm Sofi," the little girl gave Lauren a toothless grin.

"Nice to meet you," Lauren grinned. She sat close to Camila, the other girl pulling her closer by the waist.

"Oh, is this your girlfriend?" Liz asked.

"What?!" Camila and Lauren jumped apart.

"Um," Lauren bit her lip.

"W-we, uh," Camila stammered. "It's, um,"

"Momma, I'm hungry," Sofi announced. "Can you make me grilled cheese?"

"Of course sweetie," Liz said. She looked at the camera. "Goodnight Camila, see you soon,"

"See you later, champ," Andy saluted before the camera shut off.

Camila pushed the laptop away from her, looking around awkwardly. Lauren drummed her fingers on her thighs.

"I should, ah, get to bed," Lauren mumbled, getting up.

"You're not staying here?" Camila asked, voice laced with disappointment.

Lauren paused, feeling heat rise to her cheeks. "Do you want me to?"

Camila bit her lip, before nodding slightly. "Only if you want to,"

Lauren found herself wrapped in Camila's arms again. She sighed contently.

"How old were you when you got your tattooes?" Lauren blurted out.

"Sixteen when I got my first one," Camila answered. "My mom brought me on my birthday. It was my present,"

"Which tattoo was it?"

"The Roman numerals on my right arm. It's the date for July 26, 2008,"

"Oh yeah, I saw that. That's the day before Indiana's birthday?"

Camila nodded solemnly. "It's just really personal to me,"

Lauren traced it gently with her fingers. "Oh," she said simply, sighing.