Chapter 5: Adjusting to new things

It had been a couple of days and I finally got to go home from the hospital! Liam and I have been adjusting to the new member of our family but we are so blessed to have our little girl.
Right now I'm sitting in the living room checking my social media. I haven't been on Twitter in a while, which says a lot for me. I scroll through my mentions seeing everyone congratulating us on hazel, and it makes me so happy! In response I tweet:

Thanks to everyone congratulating us! It means the world to both of us! We love you guys!

Once I tweeted it, I looked up from my phone to see Liam walk into the room feeding Hazel a bottle. He's literally so cute! He was pacing back and forth, and I don't think he knew I was watching because he whispered, "Hey princess... Me and mommy are so happy you're finally here... You look just like her, so beautiful! I'm so lucky to have both of you....". When I heard him say that, tears of joy came to my eyes. I slowly got up, walked over, and hugged him from behind. He jumped a little, and turned to see me before saying, "Babe! You scared me" softly still feeding Hazel. "Sorry Li....I-i heard what you said earlier..to Hazel.." I whispered softly nuzzling my head into his back. Once he heard that, he completely turned around. "O-oh..." He whispered then blushed and looked down. I lifted his chin with my finger and said "It was sweet... I'm lucky to have you too!" with tears still in my eyes. He slowly leaned down and kissed my forehead. I nodded my head, signaling that I wanted to hold Hazel and Liam gently handed her to me. I held her gently, and whispered, "Hey baby... I love you so much...." kissing her forehead.

We stood there for a minute just watching our baby girl before Niall and Haley coming running around the corner. "HALEY COME BACK HERE! GIVE ME MY COOKIES BACK!" Niall screamed before Haley yelled back, "NEVER!". They kept running in circles before Haley ran into me almost knocking me over. I made sure Hazel was okay, before handing her to Liam and grabbing Haley by her arm. "HALEY LEIGHANN BELCHER, SIT DOWN RIGHT NOW" I yelled in my 'Mommy' voice. She quickly quieted down and sat on the couch. Haley looked at me like she was sorry, but I didn't fall for it and said, "HALEY! You have to be more careful!! We have a child in the house now, you need to act like your age! You're not a little kid, you're 20 years old!" I said sternly. She looked down and whispered, "sorry!". I then went and grabbed Niall by his ear and sat him down beside her. "NIALL. JAMES. HORAN. You know that I hate yelling at you guys but you have to be careful! Before it was ok, but now we have a baby in the house! You have to watch what you're doing!" I said once again in a stern voice, and he looked down nodding. Liam walked over and stood beside me with Hazel. "I'm sorry we sound harsh guys, but we have a little girl that we're responsible for! And we are just being protective of her..." Liam said in his 'daddy direction' voice while rocking Hazel. They both nodded and then said, "Can we see her?" with puppy dog eyes. We gave in and Liam gently handed her to Niall.
Niall and Haley both looked so happy playing with her, and I knew that everything would be okay with these amazing friends, and my amazing husband by my side.