Chapter 6: trouble adjusting

It had been about 2 weeks since we brought Hazel home from the hospital, and I gotta admit that being a parent is TOUGH! I'm blessed to have my little girl but it's pretty tiring getting up every 3 hours to feed her or change her. It has definitely affected Liam and I quite a bit.

Currently I was feeding Hazel a bottle while sitting on the couch. A few minutes pass by before I see Liam come in with a huge grin. I give him a curious look before asking, "What are you smiling so big for?". He sits down beside me and says, "Guess who has an amazing date planned?". I sit there for a minute before realizing and asking him, "But what about Hazel?". He simply nodded and answered, "I have a babysitter ready!" while smiling big. WHAT?! I immediately give him a look of disapproval. He furrows his eyebrows in confusion. "What? You don't want to go on a date?" He asks curiously. I look down at Hazel and say, "Did you even think to ask me, Liam? Maybe I don't want to go out. Maybe I want to take care of Hazel? I don't trust a babysitter yet." My face turning red from frustration. Liam scoots away from me before sternly responding, "Well I'm SORRY that I wanted my wife and I to have a nice, romantic night off. It's been hectic lately." . I stand up and sigh before raising my voice a little, not backing down, "Well what did you expect Liam? Our little girl is only a couple weeks old! It's not meant to be EASY! She's a baby!". He stands up and clenches his fists tightly, so much they're turning white.
I quickly call cami downstairs to take Hazel, because I know a fight is about to start. Once she takes Hazel and goes upstairs, Liam raises his voice back. "Well maybe that BABY is getting on my nerves. If I knew it was this hard I never would've gotten you pregnant." Those words slip off his tongue like venom. Once I heard those words, tears begin to form in my eyes. Liam realized what he had said and his facial expression softened and he began walking toward me, "Maddie I-I didn't". Before he could finish I put my hand in his face and spit back, "Well if you believe that, you shouldn't have married me. You KNEW I wanted kids, and you KNEW what you were getting into when we found out I was pregnant. If you don't want Hazel, then her and I will just leave." I finish off, my face red from anger, and tears rolling down my face. Before he can respond, I run upstairs to our room and lock the door.

I immediately collapse on the floor, curl into a ball and cry. I cry and cry until I have nothing left.
I had been locked in this room crying for hours, not answering the door for anyone. Once I recovered enough to stand, I took out my phone texting Cami and Haley to come to The room.
Once they arrived, I broke down in their arms telling them the whole story of what had just happened in the living room. They hugged me tightly.
Haley spoke up, "Are you leaving?" In almost a whisper. I answered back, my voice raspy, "I have to. At least for now." They both nodded and left the room. While they were gone, I packed some clothes for the next couple days, along with all the essentials I would need. I heard the door open and saw Cami come in with all of Hazel's travel stuff. I quickly walked over and hugged them both tightly. Now it was Cami's turn to speak up, "Where are you going? Do you know?" I looked down before answering, "I'm gonna call mom... And see if I can stay there. Just to think things through."

------time skip 20 min-------------
After we had our private goodbyes, I grabbed my bag, Cami grabbed the baby stuff and Haley was holding Hazel. We slowly walked downstairs. I swear in that moment I could hear my heartbeat. I just couldn't face Liam right now, not after what he said. So to avoid his eyes, I looked straight at the floor while grabbing my keys to my car. I put all the stuff in the back, and put Hazel's car seat in before strapping her in. I went back in to say bye to everyone else. For the first time since I've been downstairs, I looked up. There I saw everyone standing in the living room with tears in their eyes, since the girls had told them what happened.

One by one I hugged the boys. First I went to Harry, "I'm gonna miss you Hazza. I don't know when I'll be back but please, while I'm gone, take care of Cami. She's fragile." I whispered. He nodded and hugged me tightly. Next, I moved onto Niall. I hugged him, and whispered, "Bye Nialler. Please all I ask is to take care of Haley. She will need you while I'm gone."... He gently nodded his head. Next was none other than my brother... I slowly walked over, and when I looked in his eyes I felt the tears about to pour out. I tried to hold them in, but I once again broke down into tears and hugged him tightly. He rubbed my back, calming me down. I whispered, "I'm sorry..." Before backing up a little. He just pulled me into another hug before whispering, "Shh.. Take as much time as you need ok? I'll try to beat some sense into him.." ... I'm grateful Louis didn't say HIS name because I'd probably start crying again. I pull out of the hug, and my eyes accidentally find the ones I didn't want to see right now. His brown eyes, are glossy and his nose is running like he has been crying. I simply turn around and walk to the car. I get in, start it, and drive away from the one place I thought would never hurt me.