SEVEN- Showers of Embarrassment

SEVEN

Showers of Embarrassment

"So what's going on between you and Caden?" I ask Lottie as I come out of the shower and start towel drying my hair.

Blake and I were taking Chris to the park today to enjoy some 'family time' as Lottie had called it. Lottie was currently over, playing with Chris while I was in the shower. 

"Nothing, you know. I met with Blake yesterday and he was there. Blake introduced us and he just starting flirting. He kept saying that now that you and Blake are basically together, all Blake has to do is break up with Alexa, and ask you out. And then he was like 'I think we should date too. The perfect cliche. When two people get together, their best friends get together too" I laugh as Lottie explains the whole thing. It was a cute cliche fantasy.

"And you told him no?" Lottie nods proudly, which makes me chuckle. "So, wait... Caden straight up said Blake and Alexa were gonna break up in front of Blake's face?" I ask her surprised.

"Of course not. He was hitting on me, and then Blake got a call from Alexa herself so he got up and left and that's when he told me. He really does not like her. He says she's kind of a bit too controlling. It's always 'Blake bae get me this. Blake bae get me that'" I give her a questioning look at her Caden expression which makes her raise her hands in defence and add "His words not mine."

I go over to my closet and start taking out clothes to wear, but decide to let Lottie take out my clothes instead because I was in no mood to clean my room and I was the kind of person who messes up her whole room when deciding what to wear. I was one of those people.

As soon as I lay on my bed, Lottie took that as a cue and made her way to my closet.

Blake and Alexa, huh?

"But Blake and Alexa are cute! They're one of those 'perfect couples'. Like Blake's hot as hell and Alexa is just drop-dead gorgeous! It doesn't ever look like Caden has a problem with them." I continue the conversation, as Lottie continues to find clothes for me.

"They are cute but from what Caden told me, they're not happy. Ever since recently, if you know what I mean." It didn't take a genius to know what she meant; ever since Chris came into our lives. "Caden told me that they're constantly fighting. And as far as Caden not having a problem goes, he told me that he's only doing it for Blake. Blake knows he doesn't like Alexa but he acts it for Blake's sake." Lottie informs me.

I looked around the room, thinking about Blake and Alexa and the times I've seen them unhappy. I felt like I was responsible for it for some reason. If Chris didn't consider me as his mom and considered Alexa... Maybe they wouldn't be having so much of a problem.

Speaking of Chris... He needs to take a shower. I quickly go to the washroom and get his bath ready.

"Chris, honey...?" I make my way to the room next to mine, to see Chris playing with his toys.