Chapter 9

* A Week Later *

We were on our way to our first parenting class. It started in an hour or so but it was in the city, so we had to leave early in order to be on time.

I hurriedly sat on the edge of the bed putting on my boots and earrings.

I reached in my nightstand for my other earring and there it was. The notebook.

I opened the black notebook flabbergasted. I felt as if everything was going in slow motion. I flipped through the first few pages which I made as a decoy so if anyone ever found it, they'd see the stupid, pointless poems I made and not wanna look any further.

I covered my mouth with my hand. It was sweaty.

I flipped past the decoys and there they were, one after the other: Entry One, Entry Two, all the way to Entry 12. The last entry I made.

I read it over and over again. It was so horrifying...

I was shocked out of my trance when Kendrick busted into the room. He was wiping his face with a towel since he'd just gotten done shaving.

"What's that, babe?"

I turn around and try to shove the notebook back in the drawer. He crinkles his brows noticing the sudden tension.

"Nothing love... just some dumb poems I made a little while ago."

"Oh!" his face lit up. "Let me see bae." He started toward me and reached for the drawer.

I pushed it back into place, exhaled, and closed my eyes patiently. "No babe. I don't..." he reached for the drawer knob again.

I grabbed his hand a little more rough this time, "Stop. NOW. They're lame.... I wrote them when we were.... having those issues."

He let go and stepped back. "Ahh. I see." He went back into the bathroom.

SHIT. I threw my head back, Saved by the sob story.

I said a silent prayer. Thank you Lord, for the changes and the new doors you opened. I know this adoption is gonna be good... for our marriage and the child's life. Please keep everything smooth like the way it is now. No more problems God.... no more problems PLEASE. And with that I wiped my tear and waited for Kendrick to come out of the bathroom.