Chapter 16 ~Welcome Home!~

As I boarded the plane I thought about Drizzy Drake and shot him a text.

Me : Heey. I'm On My Flight. Take-off Is In Ten Minutes ((:

As I hit send I regretted the smiley face immediately. Maybe that was too much... maybe I sounded too thirsty.

Two minutes later he texted back:

Hope everything is coo. Call me when you land.

Yea, the smiley face totally creeped him out. I did a facepalm. His replies were never that dull. I decided not to text back.

I texted Kendrick after that. Although stuff was awkward with us, that was still my husband and whether I liked it or not, after this trip was over I'd still have to go back home and face him. So instead of estranging us more, I attempted to break the ice.

Me: Hey Hunnie ! ((:

There I go again with that dumbass smiley face! I laughed at myself.

He texted back right away:

Hello.

Me: Wyd

Kendrick: Nothing. Chillin in the theater with Cory.

Cory was Kendrick's best friend from high school. He rarely came into town, but when he did Kendrick made sure they kicked it together.

Me : Tell him I said Hi ^_^

Kendrick: He said wassup.

Kendrick(again): What's the number to that wing place again?

I had it memorized by heart from all the times Kendrick had came home from the studio or an interview on a rampage and made me call and order him takeout from there.

I gave him the number as flashbacks flooded my brain. I winced as I remembered getting smacked so hard I bled.

Kendrick: Thanks babe.

Rage filled my blood in an instant. I don't know why, but I didn't like him calling me babe. It seemed like he only wanted to be nice to me when it benefited him.

I tried to calm down, so I put my phone on the tray in front of me and closed my eyes. I took three long deep breaths and regained my composure.

💉

💉

💉

Two hours too long in that cramped plane. Since Kendrick refused to pay for my ticket in first class, I had to scoop up some cash and pay for commercial, which I've hated since I was little.

️Mamá and Auntie picked me up from the airport. After we had a mini family reunion, we hopped in Mamá's truck and headed for the highway. I rolled down the windows and took in a breath of the dry air of Arizona. I missed this place.

"So how's San Fransisco?" Auntie looked back at me with her huge grin.

"It's nice. Nothing compared to here though."

"There's no place like home babygirl," she winked at me through the rear view mirror. I chuckled.

"We missed you so much miel," Mamá told me.

"I missed you too. My life is so... consuming and fast out there. I just wanted to slow down for a minute you know?" I looked out the window and thought about Drake. He had been the only thing on my mind since I got off the plane. I wanted to call him and just spill my heart out to him.