Chapter 10

* 1 Month Later *

Today is the day. I'm utterly ecstatic!

Kendrick and I will be flying to South Africa today to finally meet our new daughter. The adoption isn't all the way final yet, but everything's looking posotive right now so our hopes are high.

We got a phone call from the president there, Jacob Zuma, congratulating us on the adoption and inviting us for dinner. Apparently he's a big supporter of Kendrick, so we accepted. And now we are leaving the house to go to LAX and fly to go meet our child.

✈️
✈️
✈️

We stepped off the jet and immediately the warm air and hot sun greeted us.

I dramatically took off my shades and turned to kiss Kendrick.

There were literally 50 paparazzi snapping pictures of our every move as we stepped off of the jet. I guess the whole country was awaiting the arrival of Kendrick Lamar.

We took a bus (yes, as famous as Kendrick is he got on a public bus), and we rode to our grand hotel in the outskirts of town.

I couldn't believe that in just a matter of days I would finally get to lay eyes on her. Images of different ways she could react or look ran through my mind as I laid under the soft, silk sheets of the hotel bed.

We had received a letter from her a week ago, so it wasn't like she was a complete stranger.

I noticed in the letter (since it was handwritten) that she wasn't very skilled in grammar or spelling. And it concerned me because of how old she was and how much intelligence she lacked. I wasn't worried though, because once she leaves with us to America she'll be able to receive the proper schooling one-on-one with a tutor so she'll be fine.

My mind continued to race, but I slowly drifted into a deep slumber as K wrapped me in a bear hug and held me in his warm, toned arms all night long.