Chapter 6

The ride home was long and silent. I just fiddled with my rings, and Kendrick every now and then took his eyes off the road and glanced at me.

Honestly, I was terrified. I know how he gets when he suspects flirtation between me and another guy.

Even if it's harmless.

Even if I give a dude a second glance, I know that when we get home there's gonna be a beating waiting for me. I literally could not stop shaking.

* An Hour Or So Later *

I opened the house with my key as Kendrick followed close behind. I lay the keys down on the kitchen table and took off my jacket. I didn't dare look at him.

He sat down at the kitchen table and motioned for me to join him.

I sat across from him. The lights were dimmed from when we had left earlier.

"So...what was up with you and Aubrey?" He questioned me calmy.

"Nothing I SWEAR K!!!" My eyes outta no where started flooding with tears.

He stayed relaxed, which was normal when he knew he had control over the situation.

"Liar."

"NO, BABY, I SWEAR! THERE WAS NOTHING. It was just a polite friendly hug and he kissed my hand like a gentleman. That was it!!" I screamed helplessly. I wanted him to believe me so bad, but I knew he wouldn't.

"Then what about y'all on that couch bitch!" He slammed his fist on the table and clenched his teeth.

"He just sat next to me.... I didn't see anything wrong with it! Please K. Calm down and forgive me!" I begged.

He sat back in his chair and stared off into the distance as I rapidly wiped my tears away.

Then he looked at me and gently grabbed my hand in his. "I believe you Mona..."

I let out a silent sigh of relief. This was so.... unnormal of him.... but Idgaf! AS LONG AS HE DIDNT BEAT ME, IM GOOD!

And with that he left the room and went to the bedroom, turned off the light, and went to sleep in his clothes.

I stayed in my chair absolutely flabbergasted.

This can't be MY husband. He would never react so.... nonchalant about me and a guy.

I sat there in the dark in the kitchen... thinking about today's events.

Maybe he wasn't that horrible monster I thought he was.... maybe he was just an overly aggressive person.

And maybe I was the true monster for plotting something so horrible. So vicious. Instead of just being normal and leaving, I thought of something so sickening and wicked like killing my husband.

Maybe I should reconsider mu plan....