Chapter 6

Flynn's POV:

I woke up to loud pounding on the front door. It couldn't have been Mum because she was on another one of her business trips and she always brings the spare house keys with her.

I looked over at the time. It was 6am on a Saturday morning! Who the f*ck wakes up at this time of day?!

I yawned loudly before I hopped out of bed and trudged down the stairs. I went up to the front door and opened it up.

"Hudson?" I was shocked to see the brown haired boy here.

"Hi," he whispered. I watched as his eyes looked over my body. That's when I realised that I had answered the door in only my boxers but I was kinda too busy worrying about how Hudson found out my address to really pay attention to him checking me out.

"How the f*ck did you get my address?" I asked the curly haired boy.

"Sam gave it to me," Hudson sighed.

"How did Sam give it to you?" I asked him.

"He gave me his phone number," Hudson replied. Well that's my best friend on my list of people I hate.

I sighed as I looked over Hudson and noticed he was crying. He had year streaks running down his cheeks and his eyes were very puffy.

"What's wrong?" I questioned the shorter boy. I had now opened the door wider and stepped out of the way so he could walk inside (which he did with a little hesitation).

We both sat on the couch in unison. I looked at Hudson and smirked a little before I placed my hand on his shoulder and rubbed it, waiting for him to answer my question from before.

"It's my sister," Hudson started to sob again, "she's really, really sick."

"He wiped his eyes again before he picked at his sweatpants that he was wearing. I waited for him to proceed although I ready knew why he was so upset about his sister.

"How long?" I asked after he hadn't spoken for a couple of minutes.

"A few weeks," Hudson looked up at me with puppy dog eyes and I could already see a new batch of tears welling up in his eyes.

-

Hudson's POV:

As soon as I told Flynn about my sister only having, maybe, a few weeks to live I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist. Next I felt head snuggle into the crook of my neck which made me giggle due to the hair tickling my neck.

"Life sucks doesn't it?" Flynn asked me.

"She's just too young," I sobbed. Flynn looked up at me and nodded his head. He wiped the tears that were rolling down my cheeks before kissing my forehead.

"I know Huds," Flynn mumbled into my ear, "she's only 10 for f*ck sake!"

I sighed as I leant against Flynn. We stayed quiet for a long time before I spoke up.

"I'm sorry for waking you up early," I gasped loudly. I sat up straight and turned on Flynn's lap a little so I could see his face.

"Its fine," Flynn chuckled. I smiled at him not being really convinced by what he said.

"Hey how about we go and visit Emma?" Flynn suggested. I thought about that option for a while.

"My parents are there though," I sighed. I knew Flynn hadn't come out yet so I didn't tell me parents about the date.

"We can keep that quiet," Flynn smirked at me.

"Ok then," I said with a grin plastered on my face.

"I'll get changed and then we can take your car?" Flynn asked. I bowed my head and sighed quietly.

"How the f*ck did you get here?!" Flynn yelled.

"I walked," I murmured.

"Your house is like 20 minutes away!" Flynn exclaimed.

"I just needed to talk to someone badly," I shrugged my shoulders.

"Next time text me and I'll drove over to yours," I glanced up at Flynn just in time to see him roll his eyes.

"So my car?" He questioned. I nodded my head quickly before he ran upstairs leaving me on my own to smile like an idiot.