Chapter 8

Flynn's POV:

Yesterday was fun but I have to stop going to him or letting him come to me. This was just meant to be a prank but deep down I feel something else. Something that shouldn't be there. I can't quite tell what it is, though, but I'm pretty sure I'm about to find out.

I was walking through the school halls by myself as Sam had left me to go do something. I was about to reach my locker when I was pulled into a classroom by some mysterious person. I couldn't see as it was dark so I stood still trying to make out the figure that I could barely see. Soon the lights were on and I screamed when I saw Sam standing right in front of me. He covered my mouth just in time which made me glare at him.

"Please don't yell," Sam whispered. I nodded my head before the hand was removed from my mouth.

"Why the f*ck did you pull me into this classroom?" I asked angrily.

"I don't know," Sam mumbled.

"Like you could have come and been like hey mate we need to talk," I kept talking, "or you could have gently..."

"I have a boyfriend!" Sam interrupted me before he covered his mouth with both of his hands.

"What?!" I yelled back at him.

"I have a boyfriend," Sam sighed as he sat down on the desk behind him and swung his legs back and forth.

"That's great!" I said happily.

"No it's not," Sam shook his head.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"It's just," Sam stopped talking and took a deep breath before continuing, "it's just that the guys on the soccer team said they would kick me off the team if I didn't break up with him."

"F*ck them," I rolled my eyes before I stared at Sam, "don't literally f*ck them but... You know what I mean."

"You're not helping at all," Sam sighed but I could still hear that he was happy that I was joking around to try and make him feel better.

"Ok well let me sort these guys out," I offered with a small smirk.

"No they're gonna beat you up," Sam shook his head, "so that's a bad idea."

"I'm not afraid of them," I rolled my eyes, "I mean if they're like you and Alex that is."

"No these guys are way scarier," Sam shook his head again.

"Why are they even worried about this?" I asked.

"I don't know," Sam shrugged his shoulders.

"I think you do know," I said as I sat beside him on the desk, "what did those boys say to you?"

Sam looked up at me with a hurt look in his eyes. Obviously what these soccer guys said to my best friend was probably not the best and that Sam really took offence to it. It hurt me to look at him and see him in some sort of pain that I couldn't help or fix. His eyes weren't the sparkly let's-do-this-sh*t kind were he didn't care about anything that people said to him.

"What did they say?" I asked again. I will admit I was pushing him but I needed to know. I watched as Sam breathed in and out before he looked at me with pleading puppy dog eyes. He really didn't want to say it which made me frustrated. I looked at him with a tell-me-or-I'm-going-to-break-something look and he finally gave in.

"They called me a... a... the 'f' word and told me that I wasn't welcome in the boys' locker room because I was a perv," He said quietly. So softly that it almost wasn't audible. Luckily I caught on to what he said I was out of that room before he could even get up and try and stop me.

I stormed through the crowded halls where people were talking and laughing as I made my way to the soccer field. Training would be just about finished now and they would all be out of the showers by the time I came down. I was too angry to notice that I had gotten to the oval already and that the whole soccer team was looking at me with raised eyebrows and crossed arms.

"WHAT THE F*CK IS WRONG WITH YOU ALL?!" I yelled loudly. I could care less if the coach heard me right now. I just wanted to help my best friend who (I didn't realise at the time) was right behind me.

"What the f*ggot can't fight his own fights?" Josh, I think it was, yelled out.

"NOT WHEN I'M HERE BUDDY!" I screamed but it was no use because the boys just kept laughing which made me angry.

"Stop laughing!" I yelled. They stopped laughing and glanced at me with curious looks.

"One more word to my best friend about his boyfriend and I won't be afraid to beat the sh*t out of all of you," I said but they just laughed.

"Sure thing f*g," Alex laughed. Wow he wasn't as nice as I thought he was.

"What the f*ck?" I asked just loud enough for the soccer team to hear me.

"That date with what's his face was beautiful," James said. I scrunched my nose up in confusion. What the hell were these guys on about?

"Everything you said to him was gorgeous and when you bought that book for him I almost cried," Liam said as he wiped a fake tear away while I went stiff with fear. How did they find out about it?

"Leave him alone!" Someone yelled behind me. That's when I realised I had been followed down by Sam.

"Make us f*g," someone in the back of the group yelled.

"Tell you what we won't tell anyone about you and Hudson if Sam gets off the team," and that's when I found out I was screwed.

------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Sorry I haven't updated in a while I've just been like really busy.