Chapter 4

Pattie’s POV:

I heard a knock on our tour bus, it was Ashley…yes the teens have a bus to themselves but I want them to have fun and not be bored by us adults, plus I trust them not to do anything stupid. I opened the door and let her in. “So hun, what’s up?”I asked her. She looked a little sad but I didn’t question her.

 “Well, I wrote a song and I wanted to get your opinion on it” She smiled weakly.

 “You write songs?”I asked shocked.

“Yeah, I sing them as well but I'm better at writing” She answered.

 “Let’s hear it” I smiled.

“I was kinda hoping that we could go to a studio, so I can play the piano with the song” She asked.

 “Sure, I know a good one that Justin goes to all the time” I said. She nodded and we grabbed the rental car keys and headed there. “Hey, do you want to stop at Starbucks first?”I suggested because I hadn’t had my morning coffee.

 “That actually sounds really nice Pattie” She giggled. I made a U turn and we parked in the parking lot.

We ordered coffees and started to gossip. “So, I heard that you and Chaz are a couple now?” I winked.

 She sighed and shrugged, “Yeah, I guess” She said.

“What’s wrong?”I asked. She was about to answer when we saw two familiar people walk in the café. Justin and Selena. I like Selena but she’s just really mean to everyone! “Justin!”I called them over. When he saw us he smiled and they walked over to us. “So, you guys gonna join us?”I asked. They nodded and sat down.

 “You know what, Pattie can I do it now?”Ashley asked pointing to the stage where a girl had just finished singing.

 “That’s a great idea” I said as she got up to the stage.

“What’s going on?”Justin asked.

“Oh, Ashley wrote a song and she wanted to get my opinion on it “I smiled.

“Why didn’t she ask me?”He frown. She started to play the piano and slowly introduced the song.

Yeah

Yeah

Yeah

Yeah

Yeah

Yeah

Say what you want

Do what you like

But we both know the truth

Can't change the facts, of you and I

But you still do what you do

Keep tellin' them stories

To her and your homies

But that wouldn't make any sense

If I'm just a friend

Why do I know what you lips feel like

If I'm just a friend

Then my camera must be tellin' lies

If I'm just a friend

Then you must just be crazy baby

If I'm just a friend