Chapter 14

Recap:

“You idiot! I could have drowned!” I continued.

“I hate you, I hate you, I hat-“ I was interrupted, By a pair of lips, on mine…like fire. I started to kiss back…   

Justin’s POV:

“Ash” I said, waving my hands in front of her face.

 “Huh?” She asked.

 “Gosh, you were out of it for a few minutes there!” I laughed.

“Why am I not wet?” She asked. Ok, is she crazy?

 “Cause, we are waiting for you to get into the pool, you were just standing there, so I went to get you” I said, looking at her weirdly.  She ran a hand through her long hair, which was still black... I guess she didn’t want to dye it back to the natural brown. Oh well, she looks beautiful no matter what.

 “I think I need some water” She sighed.

 “I’ll come with you” I suggested.

“Sure” She smiled. We walked down to the counter and she asked for a water bottle.

 “That will be $3.20” The old lady at the cash register said. “Here” I gave her the money. Ash took the water and hit me on the arm with it.

“Heyyyy! What was that for?” I asked rubbing my arm.

 “I could have paid for myself, thank you very much” I said laughing at my pain.

 “ I know, but I was TRYING to be a GENTLEMEN” I said. She shrugged and I jumped back into the pool, she took a big gulp of water before following me in.

 “CHAZ!” I heard Sam scream, Chaz was splashing her with water, I guess they were in their own little world. I looked around for Chase, A.K.A: Captain d**kwad. He was swimming laps and the lane next to us. What a show off!  Ash was staring at him in awe, what does he have that I don’t?

“Hey Justin?” She turned to look at me.

“What?” I said.

 “Where are you gonna stay now, you know with what happened this morning and all” She replied. I bit my lip; I hadn’t told her that my house wasn’t really getting renovated.

 “Umm, well... I kind of-“ I started but she cut me off

“You know what? My dad can’t just kick you out when you have nowhere else to go! I’ll convince him to let you say ok?” She smiled. A huge grin spread out on my face, she actually cares enough.

“Thanks” I said and gave her a little hug. I didn’t want to let her go, she fit perfectly. She was the first to let go.

“So, did you talk to Pattie?” She asked. I froze, my mum?

 “Yea, actually I called her the other day...but her boyfriend answered” I said bitterly. She started choking at the word boyfriend.

“WHAT!?” She said alarmed.

“I know right! She didn’t even tell me” I cried. She now had a frown on her face and she was in deep thought. My phone rang and I rushed out of the water to answer it.

“Yo” I answered.

 “Justin? Are you ok? We were gonna take a flight to Canada as soon as you and Chaz left, but the earliest flight is in two days! Is Ashley ok?” I was bombarded with questions.

 “Scooter, dude, calm down...Yes she’s ok and don’t worry, I guess I’ll see you guys soon” I laughed, rolling my eyes at him.

“Good, now, have you written any songs for Believe?” He asked. Believe, is my new album that I am supposed to be working on, now that my tour is finished.

 “Sorry, I have a couple ideas but I haven’t written them down yet” I said, hoping he didn’t yell at me.

 “Alright, just make sure you write them down” He sighed.

“Ok, so...what’s mum been up to? With her BOYFRIEND” I said through clenched teeth. “

Justin, be happy for her...and he’s coming to Canada with us” He said.

 “You have got to be kidding me! I don’t even know the guys name!” I whined.

“Just give him a chance! And his names Derek” He said.

“Fine, I got to go...bye” I answered.

 “See ya later Justin” He hung up. I sat down on one of the chairs, and put my head in my hands. I know I'm being unreasonable, but I don’t like the idea of some other guy replacing my dad (even though he is remarried now, and he has two kids...I love them to bits) and I don’t want his to break her heart.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, it was Ash. “What’s wrong?” She asked.

“Nothing, I don’t wanna talk about it” I said. She bit her lip and sat down next to me.

 “Whatever it is, it will be ok” She whispered.

“Let’s hope” I sighed. I think it’s time for me to visit my dad and my brother and sister.

 “Ash?”I asked.

“Yea?”

“Do you want, umm...do you want to come and visit my dad with me?” I said. She looked shocked and nodded her head.

 “Sure, but umm...since when do you talk to your dad?” She questioned.

 “Oh, a few months before I left Canada to get signed” I answered.

She frowned and hit my arm. “Heyyy! What was that for? And why do you keep hitting me?” I asked.

 “For not telling me things! I thought that you never talked to him” She laughed.

“Sorry, oh and he has two kids...Jasmine and Jaxon” smiled.

“Oh crap! Kids HATE me and I mean HATE” She pouted.

“Don’t worry, I'm sure they will love you” I said.

 “Umm...Ashley?” We turned around and Chase was standing there.

 “What's up Chase?” She answered.

 “Do you; umm...want to go watch a movie tonight?” He asked sheepishly. What!? A date? With him? Please say no, please say no, please say no!

“Sure, that sounds good” She smiled. Nooooo! I kept a straight face, but inside, this was killing me.

 “Pick you up at seven?” He asked.

“Ok”

 “C'mon Sam, we gotta get home!” He yelled at Sam and Chaz, they were making out in the pool. She shot him a glare, but said goodbye to Chaz. They left and Chaz walked up to us.

“Guys, do you know where Ryan is? He said he would meet us here...but he never came” He sounded worried.

“He’s on a date” Ash giggled.

 “With who?” We asked.

 “I don’t know, he didn’t tell me” She said. Chaz got a text and he looked up at us.

“I think I just found out...and you’re not gonna like it” He sighed.

“Who?” Ash and I asked together.

 “Selena...”