6

"Miss wake up!" I opened my eyes to see an older female passenger standing beside me. I must have dozed off.

"We are at the end of the route," she told me before walking off the bus.

I looked around to see that the bus stopped, there was no one in the bus except the driver. I hurried and got off. l looked around to see If I knew the place but I had no idea where I was. There was no one around here, the bus also left already. I glanced at my phone to see that it was ten minutes to eleven p.m, the ride must have been longer than I have imagined.

In less than one minute my phone rang. I looked at the screen and saw that it was Sherry. I quickly picked up.

"Hey" I said after placing the phone on my ear.

"Kayla!!! Where are you??" she asked worried and I immediately felt guilty for making my sister worry.

"I don't know where I am," I admitted. "I just took this bus and I got dropped at the end of the route, I can't see any cars or people or houses here, It's like..." I heard a sound of a battery low followed by a power off sound. I looked at my screen to see it shutting down.

"Oh no!!" I cried.

I felt some cold drops on my shoulder and I looked up to see that it started raining, The rain started to pour heavily.

"And just when I thought this day couldn't get any worse!!" I sighed before starting to look for a place to shield myself from the rain.

There was no sign of a house or anyone living there. There were bushes everywhere. After a little while of walking I saw an abandoned house. It looked like it hasn't been used for so long and It was very old, dirty and scary due to darkness. But since it was half destroyed you could see inside due to moonlight.

I was so scared to get in there but I had to choose between shielding myself in there or staying out here in the rain and die of cold like Jack in titanic. The choice was pretty obvious, I got in the house.

I entered in a place which looked like a living room and suddenly I felt a sharp pain in my head, the necklace on my neck started shining and I started seeing things in blur. I closed my eyes and shook my head and when I reopened them the whole place changed.

* *    *

I was standing in the same living room but this time It was more lively, there was a very pretty brunette woman on the couch sitting beside a handsome muscular dark skinned man watching TV. And then a 7 year old girl which looked exactly like me when I was 7 walked in and announced, "Mom! Dad! I'm home!"

The woman averted her eyes from the Tv and smiled to a little girl, "You're home! How was school?" She asked while walking towards the girl who was standing near the couch.

"Did you make any friend?" The woman asked, the girl just shrugged and removed her backpack from her back and threw it on the couch. She sat down tiredly.

"Don't worry! You'll make friends with time," the woman said with a weak smile.

"Lameck!!!" She threw a pillow at her husband who was very occupied with TV. The man turned and looked at her wife and daughter with a questioning look. The man looked at her clueless. After seeing his wife threatening looks and her motioning to their daughter he then gave her wife a knowing look before turning to her daughter.

"Kayla my daughter! when did you get here?" He asked her daughter with a smile which was cut short by her wife sharp look.

He coughed and tried again, "I meant how was school?" he asked before glancing to her wife who was facepalming her self.