Prologue

My name is Kayla Dalton, I'm 18 years old. I have a younger sister named Sherry who will be turning 17 soon.

My parents adopted me when I was 7 years old. Kayla was the name I was given by my birth parents who I had no memories of. Apart from that my life was perfect, my parents loved me a lot. I was well liked and popular enough in my school. I was what most guys and girls considered pretty, I guess I have my slender body and my soft tan skin to thank for that. My parents are not filthy rich but we are well off so Sherry and I grew up having everything we ever wanted. My favorite thing I am most proud of was the car I got on my sixteenth birthday. My baby!

Today I had like to tell you my story. The story of when I turned 18. The story of when my life changed completely.

You know how every teenager eagerly waits for his/her eighteenth birthday, I did too. Eighteenth birthday is that special day where you officially start your adult life and welcome independence. It's one of the happiest day in one's life but that was not the case for me.

So, how about I start from the beginning?? From that day that it all started.

Here we go....

******************************************

(I reread this story and I thought It needed a prologue so I added it. Sorry to those who read earlier without it, but hey you didn't miss much.)