7

I opened my eyes and looked around. I noticed that I was in my room, how did I reach in here? I tried to stand but my body was aching so I just lied there. I touched my neck looking for a particular necklace and I was relieved it was still there. I always felt more safe with it around my neck.

Everything that happened the night before flashed in my mind and I wished I would never woke up, the truth was very painful to deal with. I have always had hopes that my birth parents were still alive. But then everything was starting to make sense, I found the missing puzzles of my life.

I was found on the front porch of Sherry's parents house 10 years ago, the only thing I remembered was my name and birthday which was very odd. Sherry's parents took me in while they looked for my parents which was very hard since I had what they diagnosed as amnesia. They tried to treat me from what they thought was temporary amnesia but I couldn't get my memories back, so they adopted me and raised me as their own child, together with Sherry.

Since the only thing I had which was connecting me with my biological parents who I had no memories of was the necklace which was on my neck the moment I woke up at Sherry's parents porch then I wore it everyday everywhere in hope that my parents would recognise me when they see the necklace on my neck, the necklace has been a part of me since then.

I heard my room's door opening. I turned my head to see Sherry walking in. Sherry's eyes met mine and they were filled with relief after seeing that I was awake. She ran beside me and held my hand with a sad smile on her face.

"How are you? How are you feeling?" she asked me.

"I am fine now, don't worry!!" I told her.

"How can I not worry after finding my sister unconscious in an abandoned house at the abandoned village miles away from here!" she stated, concern clearly on her face.

"H-how did you find me?" I asked her.

"You told me during the call that you went to the end of the route. Luke saw the bus that you got in and after a little searching we found out that the bus was heading there so we came and look for you. Since it was raining we figured out that you must have go to look for a place to shield yourself and the only place near there was the abandoned house. We went in and baam! we found you lying down, you were soaked with mud and in a complete mess!"

"Oh!" I said looking down at my fingers. she was right, I am a complete mess.

"Here! I brought you something to eat. It's your favorite soup, I ordered it" she said motioning to the bowl on the table which I didn't even notice she was carrying when she walked in.

She helped me sitting up and handed me the bowl. I looked at the soup and right then is when I noticed how hungry I was. It felt like I starved for the whole week. I ate the whole bowl of soup so fast.

"It's amazing how you ate that fast without getting yourself chocked to death!!" she said and I laughed at that. The laugher turned into a sob and then I couldn't stop myself from crying. I cried so much that I thought I would faint. Sherry hugged me so tight and let me cry at her shoulder while she was patting my back and I couldn't be more grateful in my life. I was grateful that she was here, that she remained with me.

      *       *        *       *

Sherry gave me a bottle of water when I stopped crying. I drank the whole bottle and thanked her.

"Wanna talk about it?" she asked me and I knew from deep in my heart that I wanted to tell her. She was the only person in this world that could understand me and not accuse me of being crazy.