.- F I V E -.

I could hear everything. It was dark. I didn't know I could move. I shouldn't try though. A wheelchair would be my home for the rest of my life if I did. Well this is really crappy. My dad hates me enough to shoot me. And he tried to kill Ava. The literal sunshiny rainbow of the universe. Ava. Oh god, she can't die.

"So this is my 911?!" A man said. "Torres and Hunt, I know she has GSW to the leg, but that is gonna have to wait," He said as he opens my eyelids, clicks on a pen light, and beams the source around my eyes.

I think with my probably shredded brain. The light blue scrubs. Meredith Grey. She said to page Torres, Hunt, and Shepherd. So pen light guy is Dr. Shepherd. Okay.

"Pupils are responsive. We have time, but not that much. This kid probably has a subdural hematoma, but let's get to CT now just to make sure we have a plan. Grey, you caught the kid. Come with me," Dr. Shepherd ordered.

My gurney squeaks, and begins moving. I hear the door open, and then light and color comes to my eyes again. I see the ruffle of a curtain. Then Ava. "She's in V-fib!" A white coat said. "Push one of epi and two of atropine! Paddles!" She barked. "Charge to 200!" A hit like a sledgehammer drives into Ava. "Don't crap outtt on mee kid" I say dizzily. I see Dr. Grey, and who I am guessing is Dr. Shepherd heads' turn. I hear the faint beep of a heart monitor. I weakly sigh.

"Hey, I am Doctor Shepherd. You are in the hospital. You are okay. That kid will be okay. We need to get you to CT so we can see what to do next. Just stay still. We don't know if you could hurt yourself by moving, okay?" I clench my fist, and push my thumb up. "Good," he replied.

I look at his chisled features. His hair is that type of hair where if he got shot, or landed himself in a plane crash, there would not be a single strand out of place. My hair is matted with blood. Ew. His scrubs are a darker shade of blue, accompanied by a white coat again carefully stitched with the words Derek Shepherd M.D. F.A.C.S. , as well as Chief of Neurosurgery right under that. Smart guy. I hope his ego isn't inflated too much though. It doesn't look like it. He seems nice, but this is only considering the 50 ish words he has said to me.

I look back to Dr. Grey. She looks at me like I am a nervous and kicked puppy. I get this all the time. She just doesn't want to hurt me anymore. Though if she knew my whole story, she would have looked at me like one of those suffering dogs on the sappy commercials you see on TV to donate to save all the sad animals. And then she would have made a large donation.

We push through doors upon doors to get to CT. I am moved into the diagnostic donut by Grey, and watched through panes of glass by Shepherd. She says," I am going to leave now, but if you need anything, just say something. We will have the intercom on." She pushes me in, and I breath out and lie still. "We are going to start now," they say. The machine starts whirring. I hear them talking about me. I think they forgot to turn off the intercom.

"This kid is only 15 and is a badass," Grey says. "Really?" Shepherd replies. "Yeah, she saved the kid that was coding in the ER. Pulled that kid and herself out of a burning bus, did CPR, got her pulse back, and ran to the ER, with that kid strapped to the street sign with her belt, because the ambulances couldn't get there. On a mangled leg."

The scans load."Happy anniversary. It looks like I got you a great surgery, with a story, of course."

Grey walks in to move me back to the gurney. "Happy anniversary," I say. "You had the intercom on the whole time. I don't mind being your equivalent of a candlelit dinner, as long as you fix my head," I said, smiling. She replies,"I don't mind that either. You are in good hands. Shepherd is great, and he knows what he is doing. Do you have any family you want to call? It is good for someone to be there for you."

I speak. "I am adopted. You could call Seattle City Children's Home. Ask for Eileen." See, now I am a badass kicked puppy that needs to be saved by payments of 64 cents a month.

I am going to try longer parts and see how it goes. As well, thank Wikipedia for the correct medical jargon. That is why it took longer. I promise to have parts up every day or more, I am addicted to this story -Penmanshipped