Chapter 7

I smell coffee. Why is there coffee in my room? When I peeped outside of my blanket, I saw Alec sitting on my couch, reading the newspapers while drinking coffee.

"Rise and shine sleepy head"

I looked at the clock and I saw its quarter to nine.

"Good morning to you too" I replied as I stretched my arms and gave a quick yawn.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"I was wondering if I could get my jacket now" I looked down and I just realized I'm still wearing his jacket.

"Oh. Thank you so much for letting me borrow it" I handed him the jacket and hoped it still smelled good.

"Thank you" and then he left. Is he mad or what?

I went to the restaurant and saw him there, still drinking coffee and reading the newspaper. "Did you eat breakfast already?" I asked but I got ignored. "Hey, if you're mad at me, just tell me. Sorry if I got back late or gave you back your jacket late" I said quickly.

"I'm mad because you weren't answering my calls last night. I was worried"

"Woah, did I hear that right? You were worried? About me? That's something I don't hear you say. What has gotten into you?" sounding so amazed, I got him annoyed.

"Would you please just sit? I'll buy you bacon if you'd shut your mouth" he said. I motioned my hands into zipping my lips, and then he called the waiter to order.

After eating breakfast, I started doing my work. I started designing again and got more inspired. I used my experience from last night to create new ideas. From starry nights, to lanterns and a warm gathering between people who are not related to one another but treats each one as a family. Well, back to reality; I better start working.

9 AM: thinking

9:30 AM: sketching

9:45 AM: still sketching

10:00 AM: coloring plus details

10:35 AM: finalizing

Just when I was about to finish my design, someone knocked on my door. "Pizza?" I saw Keith, standing at my door holding two boxes of pizza and so I let him in without a doubt. "So, what are you doing?" he asked as he roamed around my desk.

"Work" I said briefly as I went to open the box of pizza and took the biggest slice. Mmmm... I miss eating pizza. Pizza is life! While I'm eating, I saw him looking at my designs, observing each detail on my drawings.

"These are great. They look classy yet casual"

"Exactly" my replies are limited because of the pizza inside my mouth. I already finished two slices and I'm willing to finish the rest by myself.

"Hey, thank you for blessing me with your pizza. It's really good" I took a bite of pizza again.

"Yeah, I can see that" he gave me a smile. He looks cute with his ¾ pants with his white v-neck, he looked young. His hair is a bit wavy, but he looks good with it. I remembered ironing his hair, and he looked hot with straight hair. But I like him just the way he is... a friend that is.

"Why are you staring at me?" he asked.

"Huh?" I asked in confusion.

"Yeah, you were staring at me for a long time now"

"Really?"

"Yeah"

"Well uhm, I was just looking at your shirt. It's very white" I lied.

"You really suck at lying" he said with a laugh. I just got back to my business of eating. "I think it's cute" I pretended like I didn't hear anything, but I have to admit, I blushed a little bit.

"Aren't you gonna eat?" I asked him as I took the last piece of pizza from the first box.

"Nah, you look like you're about to die if I get a piece"

"Good thing you know" I said, taking the last bite of the pizza.

"Ohhh, what do you have here?" he opened my blue book which is my diary. Yeah, I still have a diary. I quickly ran towards him and tried to reach my book.

"Give it!" I shouted. He did not listen, and he kept on putting it everywhere where I tried to chase it.

I got so pissed already, I hit his stomach, but it did not affect him. I started tickling him on his neck and finally, it worked. I got my book and placed it gently in my bag. He suddenly grabbed me by my hips and dragged me to the bed. I screamed in a playful way, and he just tickled me back. I can't stop laughing.

"Stop!" I kept on telling him. He was laughing too and did not listen. After ten seconds, he just stopped and looked at me in the eyes. We were looking at each other while he was on top of me and I couldn't escape. I can but I didn't want to.

Our face got nearer, and nearer and... knock knock. We stopped, again. Why does this keep on happening?

It was Alec who knocked. He peeped in my room and said hi to Keith. "I'm sorry if I disturbed the both of you. I'm just here to tell you that we are going to attend a business party later night. I advise you to wear something elegant" he told me straight forward and it gave me a keen sense that this party is important.

"And I believe, you're going to Mr. Lawrence" he looked at Keith deeply it almost melted him.

"Yes, yes I'm going"

"Speaking of which, I better be going now. I still need to get ready. I'll see you tonight" Keith smiled to us and left, giving Alec a pat on the shoulder.