Chapter 14

It's beginning to darken and as I was about to go home, my other officemate, Edmund, called me and told me to come with him. He said we will be going to eat dinner at a place he knows and that he's going to pay.

I went inside my car and followed him.

After ten minutes, we arrived at the park near the Eiffel Tower, and not a restaurant. "What are we doing here?" I asked.

"To eat" his answers were limited and I'm getting annoyed. I just followed him and we went to the Eiffel Tower itself.

"Look, it says closed. Looks like we need to go to someplace else" I suggested as I turned around to go back to my car. However, he did not listen and continued to go upstairs. "Edmund! The police will get you if you continue to go up there!" I shouted.

"Shhh... just follow" he said. Ugh, I hate this. There better be food up there.

After so many stairs, we finally reached the viewing area. "Wow... this place is beauti-" I looked around and Edmund is no longer there. I panicked for a second until someone showed up.

"Beautiful isn't it?" that voice sounds familiar.

"Keith?" I turned around and it was him. He's carrying a pink teddy bear with a heart on the middle.

"Remember this?" he handed me the bear and we both stayed near the railing where we can see the view of France at night. I did not answer because I was too shocked that he still has this bear.

"This bear is the one I gave you back in highschool. I gave it to you as a Christmas present and since then, you can't sleep without it. You asked me what's with the heart, and I said that the heart symbolizes my heart, and that I am giving it to you-" I'm surprised on how well he remembers it.

"But when we broke up, you gave this bear back to me and to tell you the truth, I did not and will never have the strength to throw this away. I know it's so long that I haven't talked to you, but I did not let a day pass by without thinking of you. I'm sorry I did not chase after you because I was scared. But now, I'm not afraid anymore. I don't want to commit the same mistake I did five years ago" he knelt on one knee, and got a flat blue square box.

"Riley Rodriguez, may we start over?" he opened the box, and it was a heart-shaped pizza. I laughed and we exchanged looks.

"Yes, yes we may" tears of joy ran through my cheeks and he quickly put aside the pizza and hugged me really tight. I hugged him back and it was one of the best feelings in the world to hug the person you love.

"Awww, you're crying" I teased Keith.

"Why wouldn't I? I'm very lucky to have you as my best friend slash girlfriend and soon to be wife" he made me smile a lot bigger, and my heart is beating too fast it might explode into more hearts.

"I just realized, didn't you promise me this?" I looked at him in the eyes.

"Yep, this is why I chose this place. I told you I keep my promises, especially to the ones I love" he winked at me.

I just couldn't stop smiling. He held my waist and pulled me closer until our nose touched. Our lips were centimeters apart but I stopped myself. He gave me a questioning look. "I want my first kiss to be at my wedding day" I told him.

"Ah, I see. I better start saving lots of money now" he laughed.

"For more pizza!" I shouted. "

For my monster-eating-pizza future wife" he corrected. We laughed, and laughed and enjoyed every second we have here on top.