Chapter 5

From that moment, I felt like everything is going to be okay between us. There is forgiveness, and that made my heart lighter than it was before.

"I told you, stop crying like a baby" I told him again as I laughed.

"I'm not crying. That's just sweat" He replied with a smile in his face and he looks better that way.

"Sweat comes out from your skin, and tears come out from your eyes" I said in a childish kind of way. I escaped from his arms and ran as fast as I could, hoping he won't catch me. We played tag in the beach and I almost step on an old lady. We laughed so hard that we couldn't breathe.

We were like kids, and it was something I haven't done since I started working. "Hey, you want ice cream" he asked pointing at the ice cream stand.

"You already know my answer to that"

He told me to wait and then bought me ice cream. "Mmmm cookies and cream." I said with delight.

"I remember it's your favourite. You became the best actress of the year for begging me to buy you ice cream" We reminisced the past and I missed it.

"Ms. Rodriguez" That deep voice was Alec's. He showed up with a towel on his shoulders, trying to dry off his hair. "I see you're with Keith. Since we're all here, I figured we should go eat outside for lunch"

Keith and I agreed and so we packed our things and went inside our cars. "Wear this" Alec handed me his jacket. He knows I'm shivering. Keith drove in our direction, and then we stopped at the nearest seafood restaurant.

Alec insisted to order for us. I can tell he ordered a lot because the waitress just doesn't stop writing.

"So Keith, what brings you to the beach?" He's scary. Good thing Keith doesn't get intimidated.

"Nothing, I just like going to beaches and it was a coincidence to see you and Riley there"

"Isn't it nice to see an old friend?"

"Yeah, before we were just students, working for what we have now. And after years of no communication, we just see each other. And it's good because we still remember. Right, Riley?" I just smiled and nodded.

What he said made me think. Maybe there's a reason why we met after a long period of no communication.

The order just arrived and they have shrimps, crabs, oyster, and salad. I looked at Keith and I saw him in disgust. Keith never liked crabs, and so I'm giving him one.

"Eat up" I told him with a devilish smile. He ate such little, and I couldn't help but smirk.

He mouthed, "You're dead".

When we finished, I came running like a chicken at the garden of the restaurant, and Keith was chasing me. I fell on the ground and caught a bruise on my knee. Keith helped me up and led me to the bench. Without a word, he kissed my knee and carried me to his car.

"Uhm, Alec could just bring me back to the hotel" I said.

"We're not going back the hotel yet"

He left to get my things as Alec approached me. "Are you okay?" he asked.

"Yep"

"Do you have any idea where Keith is taking you?"

"No. But I'm up for an adventure. Sorry if I have to leave. Thank you for the lunch and breakfast and for taking me with you at the beach"

"You're always welcome Riley. Call me when you need anything especially when he tries to hurt you"

"He did hurt me" I said softly.

"What was that?" he asked, trying to know what I said.

"Nothing" I smiled. He closed the door and Keith went in.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"It's going to be surprise. If I were you, just sleep because this is going to be a long drive" he suggested.

"I shall not sleep!-" "Wanna bet?" I put on one of his CDs. I liked his songs, they are soothing to the ears, making me remember good memories. The first song was "Better than Better Could Ever Be" by Stephen Jerzak.

"And there's so many fish in the sea, but we could float if that's what you want." I sang as I took my phone and used it as a mic. The sound of his laugh made me laugh too – his laugh can be contagious sometimes. Not long, he sang the next line – it did not surprise me one bit.

"'Cause baby, you seem too good to me. I don't want to know what life would be. If you ever wanted to go..."

I skipped to the bridge part "You're the match to my candle" And he just went with the flow of how I was singing it.

"You're the scrape to my knee."

"And you're what makes it better"

"Than better could ever be"

"Than better could ever be" We sang in unison.

"Boy you've got just what I want. I'm not going a place without your heart...(woah oh) And girl you're my sun shiny day. You'd take my life away! If you ever wanted to go"

I got tired after singing a couple more songs, so I decided to sleep.

d����j��z