Chapter 10

The week has passed and I'm already packing my things. I have finished five designs in total to add in my other designs for the upcoming launch. I will be leaving tomorrow morning with Alec, and today, I will be spending my whole day with Keith while Alec will enjoy his day at the spa.

Keith called and he said he will be picking me up after five minutes. I went down to the lobby and waited.

After five minutes of waiting, I finally saw his white Aston Martin and I went out. I opened the door by myself and went in the front seat.

"Where are we off to?" I cheerfully asked.

"It's a surprise" he replied. I hate it when he says that. It makes me curious...really curious.

During the trip, we took pictures while he's driving. There are about thirty at most. "Is this a road trip?" I asked as I took pictures of everything we are passing by.

"No. This is a long road trip, and it will be worth it. Trust me"

"I remember the last time I did that" a bitter reply I said.

"Ouch" he said.

"I was just kidding... not" we just laughed it off.

***

"Are we there yet?" I asked.

"We're almost there" he turned left and there I saw a cottage. The cottage is at a place far from the city and the surroundings were lots of greens. It's peaceful here.

"You live here?" I asked as I was looking at the enormous house.

"No. It's my grandparent's. I made this for them, and today, my whole family is here and I want you to see them before you leave" I did not argue because I think it's a good idea. His family has always been nice to me. They treated me like I'm part of their family.

"Is that you Riley?" that was Mrs. Ruby Lawrence, the mother of Keith. I remembered the time when she took me out for shopping. She always believed that I'm good at choosing clothes.

"Yes, this is I, your beautiful Riley" yeah, that's how close we are despite what happened to me and Keith.

"Awww I missed you so much!" she went to hug me tight, and I hugged her back.

"I missed you too! How are you?" I asked.

"I'm good! Look at you; you're so grown up already. How's life in Paris?" her question made me remember that I'm leaving later at night.

"Paris, well, is still the city of love" I replied.

"Oh, I'm guessing you're dating a French guy huh?" she laughed as she gave me a nudge.

"Pshh, I don't have time for that" I answered.

After we had our chitchat, I roamed around the house and a little girl bumped into me. "Hi" I said.

"Hello" her cute voiced reminded me of Mimi. Yeah! She is Mimi! Mimi is Keith's little sister. When I left, I remember that Keith has a baby sister and I took care of her once when Mother Ruby went to buy some diapers and milk. She's a pretty young lady now. Her hair is wavy like his brother's, and her eyes were hazel like his father's. She has the face of her mother which is simple but beautiful.

"My name is Ate Riley. I'm a friend of your kuya" I smiled.

"Hi Ate Riley. I'm Mimi and I am daddy's princess" Ugh, she is so adorbs.

"Ate, play with me outside with my cousins. We are playing tag" Of course, I tagged along.

As we kept on playing, I saw Keith looking at us. He was smiling. After a few seconds, he played too. And that moment I realized how much of a workaholic I am back in Paris that I forgot how to have fun without spending money. Keith brought me back to that "fun" I haven't had for five years.

The rest of the day, I bonded with the family of Keith including his father, Mr. Darwin Lawrence, whom I played chess with while eating the burgers his wife had made. It was delicious! Anyways, Mrs. Lawrence and I also cooked pasta where I added bacon, my favourite. I enjoyed this day so much that I didn't want to leave.

It's already 4:30 in the afternoon and I needed to go. I said my goodbyes and gave each and every one of them a hug. But for Mimi, I gave her my necklace which had a cat pendant. Keith opened the car door for me as I went in. I put down the window and waved my last goodbye.

"Till next time!" I shouted.

They all said goodbye and I got teary eyed. I kept replaying all the things that happened today and I couldn't forget what Mother Ruby has told me before I went inside the car;

"You are a wonderful kid. I know that you are beautiful inside and out and you have always been like that. Don't look for true love, honey. It will find you. You'll never know, that could be your neighbour, or your office mate, or your friend. He doesn't have to be a mile away. With courage, patience, and kindness, true love will always find a way to find you."

100.SL