Chapter 13

It's already the next day and I'm still rethinking Emily's question. I better stop this or else I'll mess up my presentation. I just finished eating lunch in my office, and I'm preparing my things.

I got to the meeting room ten to fifteen minutes earlier than the others. When they arrived, I saw my boss and he smiled at me telling me to relax.

Okay, here it goes.

"Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, I'm Riley Rodriguez, here to present my new collection, Deja vu, to be launched at the 24th of April" I turned onto the next slide.

"These designs are inspired by the experiences I have. They remind me of the past memories that I cherished and treasured. The colors speak about my emotions and the style speaks about places I've been to- what made me think of them. Every time I look at this collection, it makes me go back to the past and makes me live in them. –" I breathed once more.

"My goal in this, is to let others feel and see what I felt and saw during those times. I want them to know that they too can make memories and stitch them all together into a piece of art, which is for me, fashion. Your future will be your present, and your present will be your past, and your past will be present in the future" I said those words with grace and posture, and all of them are clearly listening to me.

"Deja vu collection, 2016. Thank you for listening"

I bowed and everyone applauded. My presentation was a success once again and for the first time in years in this industry, I spoke from my heart-entirely from my heart.

"Congratulations Ms. Rodriguez. Looks like we'll be seeing more of your collection in the following years" that was Mr. Salting. He's the owner of this industry and he has always been a good president.

"Thank you sir. I'm just doing what I love" I smiled and we shook hands once again. Alec and the rest of the people in the meeting congratulated me as well. There was a small party in the office and Alec brought boxes of pizza and we all ate.