Chapter 8

I went out of my room all dressed up and went down to the lobby where Alec, who turned out to be my "date" for tonight, is waiting.

Alec saw me walking towards him, he stood up and said "You look beautiful tonight" as he looked me in the eyes and gestured his arm to wrap mine around his.

"Thank you. You look good as well" we then went inside the limousine and waited 'till we got to our destination.

Wow... this place is enormous. This place is like a castle with the big chandeliers and well polished floor- it's so polished I could use it as a mirror.

I went inside with my boss and he introduced me to some people. I kept on turning my head, hoping to find Keith. When I saw him, he was with a girl who wore a red fitted dress. She's pretty, but I'm prettier of course.

He caught me looking so I looked away as fast as I could pretending that I did not see him. I sensed him coming towards me so I acted normal. He approached me and my "date" and greeted us a good evening.

He was wearing a black suit which looked hot on him. "Someone looks stunning tonight" he looked at me and I replied-

"Haven't I always been?" then we laughed. Alec excused himself to talk with some guests and left me and Keith near the buffet. We took a glass of champagne and drank it as we talked.

"You really look beautiful tonight. White looks fabulous on you, and I like the updo- so everyone can see how pretty you are" I blushed.

"You look good yourself too. It's been a long time since I saw you looked decent" I giggled. We kept on joking around until Alec came to get me and asked me to dance. We danced and I find it difficult to follow his direction.

"Just look at me" he whispered. While dancing, we were just looking at each other's eyes, and his green eyes were as green as an emerald. They were shining like actual gems.

"Is it me, or are you blooming?" I asked him.

"It's normal for me to look this good" he smiled. I felt his strong hands pulling me closer to him in a very gentle manner. After a couple of minutes, there were performers in front so the crowd won't get bored. There is a singer who sang classy songs and a guy who played the saxophone. It was so beautiful that I almost cried.

The clock strike eight and a short film started to begin. Keith silently went near my seat and exchanged with the one I'm sitting next to. On my right, there is Alec, and on my left, there is Keith. The place got dimmer and quieter, and everyone was paying attention to the film.

The film is about fashion changing one's life. I've watched this before and it made me sob like a baby. Keith whispered something in my ear but did not hear it. "What?" I asked quietly.

Alec held my hand and pressed it, trying to tell me to stay quiet. I motioned to zip my mouth, as I always did, and we got back to the film. Keith started writing on a piece of napkin, and I played a long.

Keith: doesn't he scare you?

Me: No. He's fun, kinda, to hang around with once you get to know him.

Keith: But I'm better, right?

Me: Why ask?

Keith: Just getting an assurance that I, Keith Lawrence, will forever be your fun and annoying friend.

Me: Yeah, that was before you left.

Keith: Past is past, lady!

Me: I know. I've moved on.

Keith: We're still friends right?

Me: Of course we are. People deserve second chances.

Keith: I'm glad to know that your heart isn't as cold as ice YET.

Me: Well, maybe before yes. I was like the bitterest, bitter gourd in the history of bitter gourds.

Keith: Ew

Me: Ew yourself

Keith: Let's just watch the film.

Me: K dot