Chapter 6

It's dark when I woke up. I went outside the car and saw Keith sitting at the back of the car. "What time is it?" I asked while I stretched my arms and legs.

"It's exactly 6"

He wasn't looking at me when he said that, instead he was looking at the sky, and so I looked at the sky too. It's very pretty. There are billions of stars in the dark blue sky, and the full moon is the brightest among them as usual.

"Is this the surprise?" I asked.

"No"

"Then what?"

***

Keith drove us to another place not far from where we were under the starry sky. The place is... colourful. There are lights everywhere, people dancing and partying, food on the table, and the sky is just as starry as the one earlier. There is also a huge bonfire where some people played their guitars and sang.

It's a beautiful gathering where people enjoy the night. "This is amazing" I told him.

"Wait till you see the best part" He held my hand tightly and then dragged me near the open space. He gave me a lantern and told me to light it.

All of the people with their lanterns showed up after a minute, and Keith has one too. Without a word, I was enjoying. I couldn't stop smiling and taking pictures of every second in my head. I smiled at Keith and he smiled back.

"Attention people! We will release our stars on the count of three!" the speaker announced. "1 2 3!" Everyone released their lanterns and they all looked like stars- no wonder why he referred to them as stars.

I took a picture of it with my phone and everything else that is happening. This night is very memorable, especially with someone special.

We continued to dance, sing, play games, eat and not care about everything else besides enjoying the night.

When the party ended, Keith and I proceeded to his car. "Did you enjoy the night?" Keith asked.

"Yes. Thank you. I never thought I would get to see this in New York. It was wonderful. Thank you very much" I said in satisfaction.

We stared at each other's eyes and gravity started pulling our face closer, and closer, and closer. Wait! I must stop. I pulled back and there was an awkward silence.

"I'll just sleep. Don't try to kill us okay?" I said trying to make things less awkward.

"I wouldn't try to kill my best friend, would I?" He drove off and I did sleep for the rest of the trip.