Chapter Two

Two – Jack

After I watched Lucy’s vehicle drive away I turned back to Pete. “Why are you here? This was my case.”

                He shrugged. “That not what Boss said.”

                I frowned. I was the one who was meant to watch Lucy until she was Lisa’s age. That was the rule. “That cannot be right.” I muttered.

                “Hey, is that seriously your daughter?” Chad asked me.

                I gave him a look. “Yes and if you touch her again, I’ll kill you.”

                He chuckled. “Well that’d be hard. She’s fucking hot! Maybe next time I’ll fuck her—”

                Rage bubbled inside of me. How dare he talk about my daughter like that! I punched him hard in the face. He grunted and fell back. Pete gripped the collar of my jacket and pulled me so that he was speaking in my face.

                “Your place is at the bottom.” He said in a deathly angered tone. “You are the youngest. You should know your place among us.” He threw me back and Hank and James caught me and held me by the arms.

                Pete walked up to me. “The next time I see your fucking kid, I’m gonna fuck her.”

                I was so full of rage right now. I was the strongest. I could take them all on right now. Flexing my muscles I ripped away from my older sibling’s grip and crashed myself into Pete, both of us hitting the ground hard. I wanted to tear his brains out. Pete growled and threw his hands up to my neck and squeezed. I felt the breath in me start to run out. My brothers stood around us. I placed my hands on his chest and shot a black of black fire out sending him off and up. Standing I watched as he crashed into the ground. I walked over to him and lifted him by the shirt and shoved him back. We glared at each other. My brothers came up behind me to help Pete out but he held his hand up, signalling for them to stop. Impatience swept over me and I lunged forward to tackle him, but he just stood there. Staring at me. I was half a metre away from him and I stopped. Knowing what he was going to do. Looking down and grinned.

                “You can’t even fight like a man.” I jeered, but he just pressed his light blue Knife of Topaz closer to my stomach.

                “You watch yourself, kid.” He said evenly, but quietly, unsmiling.

                “And you are to stay away from Lucy.” I snapped. “This is my case.”

                “You’ve had your case fourteen years ago.” Pete replied, still not lowering the knife. “And you screwed it up.”

                “I killed Lisa.” I muttered staring him right in his eye and glancing at his dark blue veins, which were bulging out of his eyes and ran down the right side of his face and down his body, like they have always done.

                “Boss killed her.”

                “Like he always does.”

                “You still screwed it up.” He said stubbornly.

                “And would that be?” I asked.

                “We all know that you were punished,” he replied, faintly grinning. “for falling for her. I didn’t know  you were into bitches. But that must explain your daughter…”