Chapter Three

Three – Angela

“One, two, Angie’s coming for you. Three, four, your better lock your door. Five six I’m gonna play tricks. Seven, eight, you better close the gate. Nine, ten…I’m gonna kill you bitch!” I arrived at Jack’s daughter’s house. It was the next day and the sun was high in the sky. Their house was huge! Rich basted. She doesn’t deserve to live. I pulled out my Knife of Ebony and spun it around my hands. Killing Lisa’s offspring was going to be the most fun thing that I have ever done in my entire life. I looked into each of the windows. She wasn’t home. So where was she? Oh well. She’ll come home eventually.

                “What are you doing here?” A sharp voice questioned me.

                I turned around and saw Jack standing there, furiously staring at the knife I held in my hands. “Oh, nothing.” I replied, putting my knife away.

                “How did you find this place?” he asked.

                I cocked my head to one side. “You’re not talking the way you used to. What’s up with that?”

                “I only talk formally when I meet someone I haven’t met before or for a long time.” He replied.

                “But when you talked to your brother…”

                “You we there.” He interrupted. He took a step forward and gripped my back, pulling me to him.

                Almost immediately I was seduced. Dammit! Why was he so tempting?

                “I will ask this again. Why are you here?” His voice was in my ear and his breath lightly rolled onto it.

                “If I tell you, you’ll get mad.” I pushed out my bottom lip, making a sad face.

                “So what are you doing here?”

                “I loved the way you used to talk.” I replied, teasing him.

                “I asked one question and I expect and answer.” He said seriously.

                “Ask me in the way you used to talk.” I said, really setting him off. He tensed hard.

                “Angela.” He said in a cold anger tone. “What. Are. You. Doing. Here?”

                “I’m not answering until you ask me like you would if I were a stranger to you.” I said, grinning at his anger. I love pissing this guy off. But it hurt. Physically. The last time we met…that wasn’t the first time he hit me.

                He sighed deeply, knowing how stubborn I was going to be. “Many have reason for being a certain area. What is one doing here. Happy?”

                “Say it again.”

                “Angela!”

                “Okay, okay…” I laughed, trying to kiss him.

                “You do not love me.” He said, turning his face away. And through clenched teeth he said, “You love Pete.”

                “How did you guess?” I asked, grinned.

                “I still haven’t got an answer from you.”

                “I’m going to…”