Chapter Thirteen

Thirteen – Lucy

“Boss?” Could this get any more confusing. “Now, who’s that?”

                Pete chuckled. “Oh, Jack hasn’t told you much hasn’t he?” I bit my lip to make sure I didn’t snap back at him. “Boss is our father.”

                “That’s kinda sad.” I murmured.

                Pete scowled. “Shut up! You have no idea how evil and dangerous he is! If I were you, I would shut up and not say anything to him that he won’t like.”

                “Hey, he’s not my father.” I replied.

                “No, he isn’t.” Pete grinned. “You have no idea who your father is. That’s hilarious!” He laughed and his brothers laughed with him. “Oh, Lucy, you crack me up.”

                “What are you talking about, why wouldn’t I know who my father was?” I cried. My father was at work. And I’d see him this evening. Maybe he isn’t who he seems.

                “Never mind you little idiot.” He smiled and hugged me and let go once I resisted.

                “Don’t touch me!” I shouted.

                “But, baby, I just wanted to hug you.” He grinned and looked behind me. “Is that too much to ask?”

                I looked behind me. Joice was smiling at us. I forced one back and turned back around to glare at Kyle.

                “C’mon, babe, give me a hug.” He opened his arms to me and smirked evilly.

                Reluctantly, I wrapped my arms around his waist and hugged him. I winced as I did and as his brothers snickered.

                “How about a kiss?” he asked purposely.

                “No…!”

                “Oh, well that’s too bad.” Pete moaned over dramatically. “Hey, you have a brother don’t you?” He let go of me. “Maybe we should pay him a visit.” He glanced at his brothers and frowned, tears welling up in my eyes. I can’t believe I had to do what he said. This was so blackmailing! I clenched my jaw and quickly pressed my lips against his and pulled away and looked down to hide my falling tears. So much pressure…

                Pete lifted my chin but I yanked my head away and wiped away my tears.

                “Oh, Lucy. Don’t cry.” He said, slyly. “Everything will work out in the end.” He chuckled again. “You end anyway.”

                My frown deepened. What was that suppose to mean?

                “Okay, everyone!” Cried an over cheerful voice. “Let’s go inside.”

                That was weird. That didn’t sound like Mr Stuana or ‘Boss’ as Pete called him. Funny how he calls his own father Boss. I looked up. There was a man opening the door to the classroom and we all started to move inside. The man had shaggy blonde hair and…yellow eyes. I’ve seen him before. I tried to recall where. I let out a little ‘oh’ when I remembered. He was one of Pete’s brothers. I didn’t know his name though. He wore an over bright yellow checked, three quarter, buttoned, country shirt and light blue jeans. Brown grass hopper shoes covered his feet.