Chapter 7

Pulling into the garage, Emma took a deep breath. "Boys, I want you to unload the groceries, I'll start making dinner and-" Looking in the rearview mirror, she saw the two elves waiting patiently while the third squirmed and muttered in Quenya. "I'm sure that the three of you can handle yourselves."

Opening the door, she went to help her sons unload the produce and frozen goods. Grabbing the eggs, milk, and other dairy items, she opened the door to be welcomed by Thranduil's incessant squawking. "Good to see you, Thrandy." She echoed the parrots sentiments.

Setting the items on the counter, she opened the fridge and began to put away the groceries as her sons continued to bring them in from the van. Placing the Oreos in the cupboard, she turned around to see Finarfin standing behind the counter, head bowed as though he were a child awaiting a scolding.

"Can I help you?" Emma asked.

"Would you happen to have a wrap or some brace, so that my brother and I may tend Fëanáro's leg?"

"Oh yes, one moment." Turning away, she opened the cupboard near the fridge and pulled out her first aid kit. "Here, these should work." Handing him the splint and wrap, she closed the box and continued working her way around the kitchen.

"What are we having for dinner?" Zane chirped as he sat at the counter, iPod in hand.

Opening the fridge, Emma shifted the milk to see the back. "How does lasagna sound?"

"It sounds good to me. I'll grab the pans." Setting his iPod down, he jumped off the barstool in search of the lasagna pans. "Can we have ice cream too?" he asked as he pulled a stool down to grab the trays from the top shelf of the pantry.

"Why not?" Emma muttered as she pulled various ingredients out of the pantry. "Let me see; we need ricotta, mozzarella, eggs, and parmesan." Setting the items on the counter, she walked to the pantry to grab a bowl. "Zane, will you grab me a spatula and the salt?" she said as she bent over in search of a metal bowl. Standing up, she was startled to see Finarfin standing near the counter.

"May I be of assistance?" he asked, looking at the various ingredients.

"No, we don't need-" Cutting Zane off, Emma brushed some hair out of her face.

"Yes. That would be very helpful. Would you please fetch me some fresh parsley? It's outside." She spoke pointing out the door. "Here are some scissors."

Taking the scissors from Emma, the elf nodded his head towards Zane, who stood with eyes narrowed as the Finwion exited the kitchen.

"I don't like them," Zane muttered as he began mixing ingredients together.

"I thought that you did not mind Fingolfin. You were speaking with him the other morn," she pointed out.

Rolling his eyes, Zane looked up at his mom. "See, you're even starting to talk like them," he grumbled. "Besides, we were talking about something different," he whispered as he began stirring the ricotta with renewed vigor. Narrowing her eyes, Emma decided not to press the subject any further.

"Is this the parsley?" Finarfin asked, holding up a rather large bunch of parsley.

"Yes, thank you," she said, taking the herbs from the elven lord, all while focusing on her cookbook.

"Is there anything else that I can-" Cutting him off, Emma pushed the book over to Zane. "Honey, would you mind taking over for a while? I need to talk with Fin over there." Grabbing Finarfin by the wrist, she stalked to the glass door and pulled it open to effectively drag him outside. After the door had closed, she placed both hands on her hips and stared up at the elvish prince.