chapter 10: Problems

Jeremy held up a black and white plaid  baby jumper for our project baby, asking for my opinion.

      "No...that's ugly" I retorted, just to get at him. Knowing that I was being intentionally difficult , Jeremy put the jumper in the bag anyway.

      "You know you're making this way harder than it needs to be." he said shaking his head, continuing to rummage through the bin of baby clothes Ms. Angel provided.

      "No, your just making me me nervous move over a little." I said, "Give me some space! Gosh Jeremy!"

      "Space!?" Jeremy said all too loud, causing the rest of the people in the class to look our way. "Here" Jeremy took the biggest step he could away from me, "here's your space!"

      "Don't do that." I say under a sigh of contempt, rubbing my forehead.

      "Do what? I'm giving you your space!"

      "Ok, you can finish this...just get the rest of the clothes and the food and stuff. I'll get it from you later...I can't deal with you right now. Ms. Angel can I go to the the bathroom?" Trying to keep cool, I set the baby bag down and walked away from him.

      "Um yea sure." I grabbed the hall pass and stormed out, being sure everyone knew I was angry. I had to get away from him, I needed some space to clear my head.

      I got out into the hallway and proceeded towards the bathroom. Just as I passed the history hall I heard someone call my name from behind. He was the last person I wanted to see.

     "Zaryia wait up! I'm not trying to bother you, I just wanna know where this Mrs. Helms lady is."

     I turned to look at him, "How the hell am I suppose to know?"

     "I just thought you might..." He trailed off.

     "What subject does she teach?" I asked, making my annoyance clear.

     "Um...Spanish..." he said, looking at the paper in his hand.

     "Gosh Tyrell, did you try the foreign language hall?"

      "No..."

      "Maybe you should." 

      "um...Zaryia...", he reached for my hand, "I really am sorry...I know it probably doesn't mean anything to you now, but I really am."

      I took my hand from his, "its nice that you've learned how to apologize, bit I've been over that for a long time now."

      "I just wanted to..."

      "What? Set things straight?"

      "Yea...just wanted you to know that I really am sorry."

      "Ok Tyrell, now please do me a favor...stop showing up."

      "I know I haven't been the easiest guy in the world to get along with", he traced my hip with his hand, he was way to close to me now, "but I'm sorry." Tyrell now had his lips inches away from mine.

      "Tyrell move!" I shoved him away. "You can't just do stuff like that." I moved to the other side of the hall.

      "Sorry. I got carried away." He smiled.

      "Go do whatever it was you needed to do and leave me alone. I really don't wanna be talking to you right now, or ever for that matter."

       "But I miss you Zaryia." he said in my face again.

       "I honesty don't care. You had your chance." I pushed past him and proceeded to walk back to class. Tyrell jumped in front of me, grabbed my face, and kissed me. Out of the corned of my eye I saw Sophia turning around to go back to class. She'd obviously seen what happened. Just great.