chapter 3 : Starting school

I had given Jeremy my number a week ago, and I hadn't heard from or seen from him since, yet he was on my mind the whole time. I don't know why; I'd only known him for one night. But I had no time to think about that. School was starting in another week and I had way to much stuff to get done before junior year started. I had to go school shopping, pick up my schedule on Thursday, and start looking at colleges.

There were only two high schools in Karin. So Jeremy must have been going to Karin high or New Millennium, my school. NMHS wasn't very big, so if he was there I know it before I saw him.

I was sitting in my room going through a list of colleges that our career counselor had given to all the upper class men when my cell phone rang.

"hello"

"hey...um I didn't think you were gonna pick up..." It was Jeremy, But he didn't sound like he did Saturday. He seemed upset.

"why'd you think that? Is something wrong? You seem really tense." I questioned.

"Um..no reason...I'm fine" he sounded like he was trying to convince himself just as much as he was trying to convince me "....I'll be ok...um can I...can I come over?"

"Yea sure I don't see why not....are you sure your ok?"

"Yea I'm fine...I'll be there in ten, ok?"

"ok, bye"

"bye"

I just sat there on my bed for a while. I couldn't believe he had called me after a week and asked to come to my house. AND I SAID YES! What did I just get myself into. I don't even know him for real, and I totally forgot my mom was home. She's gonna be asking questions. I didn't think this through very well.

I when across the hall to my mom's room and found her in the bathroom doing her hair.

"Hey mom a friend of mine is coming over...if that's ok with you.."

"Yea that's fine...why is she coming?"

"No reason...just to hang out I guess...and its a guy" I said as I tried to leave her room and escape the conversation I knew was coming.

"A guy?!? Who? Do I know him? What's his name? How old is he? Do you like him?"

"Mom!! Are you done with the 20 questions?" I said blushing.

"Yea you like him" Just then the door bell rang "Go open the door for your new boo thang"

"Ugh mom surely you didn't say boo thang?!"

When I got to the door I peaked out the window to see and there he was. His cheeks and eyes a soft red, and a little swollen. "Hey how ya been?"

"I've been better..." he sounded worse than he did over the phone.

"Jeremy do you wanna come inside and talk?"

"No...I'm sorry I shouldn't have popped up on you like this I'll just go..."

"You didn't just pop up...you called first remember?" I said, trying to lift his spirit. "Just come in, we don't even have to talk if you don't wanna."

"Yea" he smiled a little "I guess sitting won't hurt." As he got really close when he stepped past me into the house. I could see a small scar under his right eye. He looked at me in my face closely as he passed in to the living room. Once he passed, i closed the door and watched him sit down on the couch. He was so big that he took up a whole cushion where I only took up half.