Chapter Fourteen : Admitting.

*Sophie's POV *

I watched as Victoria put the dress on. I watched as her Mother began to cry. I watched as Victoria said Tom was the only one for her. I looked away as I remembered that was a lie. I looked down at my own dress. Just like she had wanted it to be from childhood, soft pink and knee length with a tutu underneath to make it bigger and rounder. I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. I looked sad and it was then that I realised Victoria had never been a friend to me. She never called on my birthday, she only organised things when it benefited her and allowed her to be praised. I had never stood up to her, no matter how she made me feel or what she said. Today would be the day that changed. I walked away, out of the room and down the corridor. “Sophie! Get back here! What are you doing?” Victoria called after me but I ignored her. For the first time in years, I ignored her. The photographer walked past me, staring at me as if to silently ask where I was going. I ignored him too.

I don't know how I knew, or even remembered, but I found Tom's room. Somehow I had remembered the plan of who was where. I knocked the door, feeling as though this would be it. This would be the moment my life would change. Tom opened it, expecting Siva. “Oh... Soph... hi.” He said. He frowned, remembering that this was his wedding day. “What's wrong? Has something happened?” He asked. I shook my head and pushed past him. “Tom.” I said. I hadn't realised how out of breath I was. He sat me down and poured me a glass of water from a jug on the coffee table. I sipped it as he sat beside me, the worried frown still etched on his brow. “I need to speak to you.” I said. He nodded for me to continue, his head forward. “Tom... I... I made a mistake, all of those years ago. I shouldn't have walked out of that bar and let you stay with Victoria. I shouldn't have cried my way home in a taxi. I should have fought for you. It wasn't okay, it wasn't and I will regret that day until the day I die.” I rushed. Tom sat back and looked down. “And... the thing is, Victoria is a great girl, and you're a great guy, but I always thought you were my guy, because I did love you, I did since I was in school, since you helped me in class. And I know that it's your wedding but-” He cut me off. “Soph...” I stopped him. “Tom, no, please, let me say it. Cancel the wedding. Tell her you can't marry her. I love you. I've always loved you. And I should have told you a long time ago but, I'm telling you now. Before it's too late, before it's really too late.” Tom's eyes had filled with tears. “And I know you love me too because I heard you say it, at the beach house, I was awake, I know it, I know you do, Tom, I know.” I was rushing these words out as Tom remained silent, his eyes fixed on the floor. “I can't... Soph.... I'm so sorry. I can't. I'm marrying her.” He said. I nodded, slowly and stood up, placing my drink on the table and rushing out. “I'm so stupid.” I whispered, turning back. Tom was looking back at me, an expression on his face that I'd never seen before. I swear I heard his heart drop.

I could have told him, there and then about Timothy and Victoria but I decided against it. I hadn't succeeded on my own and I wouldn't be the one to reveal the news to him. I wanted to be his first choice, I didn't want him to pick me by default. It wouldn't be fair and it wouldn't be..... what am I saying? I just asked him to stop his wedding.

I didn't know where to go and I didn't want to cry. If I went back to Victoria, I'd have questions and questions and questions. If I went home, I'd regret it. I bumped into someone and apologised, sighing heavily. “Soph? Darlin'?” It was Siva. He gripped my arms and held me up, I hadn't realised I was so weak. He looked concerned, more so than anyone ever had, other than Ana. “Soph? What's wrong?” He asked. I spilled the words, the truth, like vomit. About Victoria and Timothy, about what just happened with Tom, everything. Siva nodded and looked at his watch. “Come on, we need to get you to Victoria before she gives birth to a cow.” He joked, making me giggle slightly. Siva knew what was best, he knew how to look after people and I knew that he would be perfectly suited with Ana, because they're both the same in that way.

*Siva's POV *

I reached for my phone in my suit pocket and dialled Ana's number.

“Meet me out front. We need to talk.” I said.

“Siva, this isn't 1904, talk to me.” She replied. I smirked and sighed.

“We need to stop this wedding.” I said, simply.