Chapter Eleven : Cake.

*Sophie's POV *

“Soph, PLEASE.” Victoria begged. I sighed and put my head against the wall. “Fine.” I said into the phone. “I owe you. Big time. I love you.” She said, before hanging up the phone. I'd been roped into going wedding shopping with Tom, sampling cakes and such for the reception because Victoria had a huge meeting at work that she couldn't miss. I dressed and headed to my car for the journey to meet Tom.

I arrived and waited for him in the car. “Hi, sorry!” Tom apologised as he put his seatbelt on. “Don't worry, it's Victoria. And I know her better than anyone.” I said. He noticed my bracelet and smiled to himself, remaining silent. We got to the cake shop and parked up. “So, what are you looking for?” I asked. Tom shrugged. “Cake.” He said. “Great. Just. Great.” I said. He was truly useless. I went to call Victoria but realised she'd be busy so I took it upon myself to think back to growing up with Victoria and remembering the things she liked. Good luck, me.

The bell to the shop rang out as we entered, alerting the owners to our arrival. “Hello!” An Italian man said, walking towards us. “The future Mr & Mrs Parker, yes? Your wife to be is so beautiful, Sir!” The man said, kissing my hand. I went to correct him but Tom jumped in. “So, do you have samples to show us?” He asked. Ah, same old Tom, thinking of his stomach again. The man nodded and turned away. I glared at Tom. “What? I missed breakfast!” He defended. But I wasn't annoyed at that. I was annoyed that this man thought I was Victoria.

We sampled enough cake that I began to think I could never eat another bit in my life. “So, darling, what do you think?” Tom asked me. He thought he was hilarious, taking the whole engagement thing seriously. “I think the vanilla and lemon swirl. With soft pink icing flowers on top.” I said. Tom nodded slowly. “Whatever she just said, I agree.” He laughed. The Italian man clapped his hands together in glee. “This marriage will be perfect, I can tell. You two are just... made for each other!” He said, noting down the choice and heading out the back. Tom was smirking when I looked at him, hoping the blush was gone from my cheeks. “Shut it.” I said. He raised his hands in a silent defence.

We returned to the car and got inside, Tom still laughing at the thought of the man's face when he sees Victoria in the wedding dress and not me. I sighed and tried to ignore him. He looked out of the window as I started the engine. “Soph? Can we just... drive?” He asked. I figured he didn't want to go home yet. I nodded and pulled a CD out of the glove-box, putting it into the stereo and turning it up. Tom's face turned to a smile as he realised. “After all this time?” He asked. I nodded, grinning back. “Always.” I replied. Our favourite songs played out, ones full of memories of college, ones we had danced the nights away to, ones we had laughed to, ones I had cried to when I'd had my heart broken, Tom being there to comfort me. I realised I was in love with Tom Parker. I always had been, I had just never seen it. I wondered if he knew how I felt. If he realised that I was trying so hard to fight my feelings for him and this, today, had just made it a whole lot worse. Imagining my life as his wife was... odd... when I hadn't even kissed him. It was strange to think that I could actually see myself with him. And the Italian man had said we were made for each other. I shook my head, trying my best to get rid of the thoughts. He glanced across at me, silent. I wondered what he was thinking.

*Tom's POV *

I had never met anyone quite like Sophie. And I knew I probably never would. She was my best friend for years and suddenly, seeing her more and more like we used to, I was beginning to wake up each morning, excited for life. I hadn't experienced that for a long time. I looked at her as she sang along to Dancing In The Moonlight by Toploader, a song we had, quite literally, danced in the moonlight to in college. That night was one of the best night's of my life and as I watched her, I realised I didn't want anyone else but her. My wedding was meant to be the best day of my life but I knew if I get married, I'd regret it. I'm in love with Sophie. And I always have been.