Chapter Two : College.

*Sophie's POV *

2005

I laughed, shaking my head. “You're so weird.” I said. “Says you?” Tom replied. We both burst out laughing, only to be quietened down by the annoyed librarian. We had been paired up in a school project and I was shocked to realise it was a lot of fun to work with him. “Tom... can I ask you something?” I said. He nodded and sipped his drink. “Sure.” He said. “Do you actually... you know... like me? I don't have many friends and I guess I just-” He cut me off. “Soph, you're cool. Of course I like you.” He said. I smiled and looked down. He threw a crumpled piece of paper at me, hitting me off of the head. “You're still weird though.” He said. I smirked and pushed his arm. “We need to finish this, come on.” I said. He sat forward and opened another huge book, looking for more information.

2007

“I'm so pleased for you!” Victoria said, hugging me. I smiled and thanked her. “This is huge.” She said. I nodded. “Soph. C'mon, look a bit more excited!” She said. “I just don't want to leave you.” I said. It sounded so lame and I regretted it as soon as I said it. She was my only friend and although the prospect of going to college miles away was exciting, I couldn't help but be scared. She pulled a face and shook her head. “We'll be best friends forever, you idiot!” She said. I nodded again and bit my lip. “Hey. Who's my chummy?” She asked. I smiled. “I am.” I replied. She pinched my chin as she always did. “That's right.” She said. “Come on. Let's go get drunk.” She added. I shook my head. “No, it's fine. I'm tired.” I told her. “Hey! We have to celebrate your acceptance into college, you idiot.” She said. I blinked and looked down. “No.” I confirmed. She sighed and shrugged. “Your loss.” She turned on her heel and left. I sat on my couch and toyed with the idea of calling Tom. We hadn't spoken for a while and I really wanted to tell him this news. I decided against it.

A few months later, I was unpacking in my new room at college when the door opened.

“Hello.” A voice said. I turned to see a small girl stood in the doorway, her key and some boxes in her arms. “Hi. I'm guessing you're my room mate?” I asked. She nodded and grinned, walking inside. “I'm Ana.” She said. “Sophie.” I introduced. She placed the box on the empty bed and turned to the door. “You can come in.” She said. A familiar face walked inside. “Tom?” I smiled. “Soph!” He said, putting more boxes down. “Do you two know each other?” I asked Ana. She shook her head. “No, I just met him outside. He offered to help with my boxes... obviously, you know each other... I'll leave you to it. I'm going to look around campus, I'll be back in a little while.” She said, taking her key.

Tom sat down on my desk chair and shook his head. “Wow, Soph. It's been a while.” He said. I nodded. “Do you go here?” I asked. He smirked. “Obviously, I'm not here by chance.” He said. “Still the same sarcastic you.” I noted. “Still the same you, too.” He replied. “What do you mean?” I asked. He shook his head. “Nothing.” He said. I looked down at myself, jeans and an old hoodie, converse and my glasses. “Oh.” I said, biting my cheek. “Don't change for anyone, okay?” He said. I blinked, confused. “I'm gonna go, I need to find my room mate. I'll see you around.” He waved. I sat on my bed. Did I like Tom?