Chapter Fifteen : Outed.

*Sophie's POV *

I walked away from the corridor, away from everything. If they were having this wedding, they'd be having this wedding without me. As horrible and selfish as it sounded, I couldn't stand there and watch the man I love marry my childhood best friend, not when I know the truth about Timothy. I ran my fingers through my hair, untangling the curls and hairspray as I waited for the taxi. “Sophie!” I heard. I turned to see Ana, out of breath, Siva closely at her heels. “Where are you going?” She asked, leaning against the wall as she tried to catch her breath. I sighed and looked away, the pain searing through my heart like a hot iron. I glanced at Siva. “Come back.” He pleaded but I shook my head. I was done. The taxi pulled up and I said one last apology before getting inside and giving him my address, not caring about the huge amount of money the fare would be.

My phone had blown up with a lot of missed calls from both Ana and Victoria, text messages too. I turned it off and removed the battery, closing my eyes. I realised Victoria and I hadn't been best friends for a while now. She had her friends and I had Ana. I didn't need her so why did I feel so.... guilty? “Stop the car.” I said. The driver pushed the brake and I got out, running, in my heels may I add, back up towards the huge mansion. Ana's face lit up as she saw me, turning to grin at Siva.

“Soph!” She beamed, pulling me into a huge hug. “Sophie?” I heard. I looked over Ana's shoulder to see Tom, his shirt unbuttoned, his hair a mess, staring back at me. I blinked and looked at him. Ana and Siva looked at each other and walked away. “I... erm...” He began. “It's okay. You don't have to apologise. You went with your heart and that's okay.” I forced myself to say. . I went to walk past him but he caught my wrist and turned me back to face him. Tom shook his head. “I called off the wedding.” He said. My mouth slowly fell open. “I told her I couldn't marry her.” He said. I pulled my wrist away and left him standing there. I needed to find her.

I rushed up to the room and hammered on the door. Victoria's Mother opened it and ushered me inside as quickly as she could. Victoria sat on the floor in her dress, sobbing into a bunch of tissues. I walked slowly to her, not knowing what to do or say. “Victoria... I...” I had to act like I knew nothing. “It's over, Soph. I told him... I told him I can't marry him!” Victoria's sister went to say something but her Mother glared at her. “I have.... I have something to tell you. I.... I'm in love with Timothy.” Victoria said. I faked a gasp. Wow, my drama awards in school weren't wrong, I even fooled myself. “You... what?” We all turned to see Tom in the door way, Ana and Siva at his side, all three of them looking like ghosts. Victoria got to her feet and looked scared, shocked. “Get him away from me, Mom!” She cried out. Tom shook his head and laughed. “You, you're pathetic.” He said, pointing at Victoria. She turned away. Tom looked at me and I could see the look in his eyes. He felt betrayed, broken. He walked away and I went to follow him. “Sophie?” Victoria called after me. I turned back, now was the time to stand up for myself like I had never done. “Where do you think you're going?” She asked. “Victoria, I'm done with you. You cheated on a good man and I will never forgive you for that.” I said. She blinked. “You seem to have forgotten that I was friends with him before you were engaged to him and frankly, I choose him.” I said, walking away. She stayed silent and let me go. I ran after Tom as quickly as I could but he was no where to be seen, nor Ana, nor Siva.