Chapter Three : Boyfriend?

*Sophie's POV *

2010

I finished college and began to work in a small firm as a receptionist. A message came through on my phone.

Meet up tonight, 7pm! Haven't seen you in forever! Miss your face, bitch xo

It was Victoria. I sighed and replied.

I have plans, sorry x

She text back, instantly.

Bring whoever it is too. I don't care, I need to see you!!!!! xo

I sighed and decided to go on lunch, using the time to call Tom and tell him of the change of plans. He agreed and said not to worry about it.

Later that evening, I looked at my reflection, wondering if I should change. I chose a black dress, pretty but sensible. I was just about to go back to my wardrobe when the doorbell rang. It was Tom. "You look nice." He said as I closed and locked my door. I shook my head. He sighed and opened my door. He was wearing a buttoned white shirt and dark jeans. 

"So, tell me about Victoria then." He said. I sighed, wondering where to begin. "She's been my friend since forever ago. She's pretty, really pretty.... she was at our school. You probably know her, blonde?" I asked. He shrugged. "I don't remember." He said. 

We arrived at the pub, a short drive away from my house. "Is this it?" He asked. I nodded. We went inside and Tom got three drinks and I found a table. Victoria hadn't arrived yet, thankfully. Tom came over and placed the drinks on the table, a pint for him and vodka and cokes for Victoria and I. He sat beside me and I kept an eye on the door, nervously waiting. "SOPHIE!!!" I heard. I groaned. I hadn't seen her come in. She shuffled herself into the seat opposite us, her tan glowing and her bright red lipstick illuminating her white teeth. "You look amazing." I told her. She giggled and looked down at the drink in front of her. "I... er... I didn't know what to get so I chose a vodka and coke for you." Tom said. She picked it up and sipped it before saying, "Oh, Soph. Your boyfriend is ever so nice." My eyes widened. "He isn't my boyfriend." I said, a blush on my cheeks. She looked at Tom again. "Oh." She said. I stood and made my excuses, heading to the bathroom. I was so embarrassed.

When I returned, from a distance I saw that Victoria had taken my seat next to Tom. He was laughing at her, hanging on her every word. His buttons were undone and he had an arm on the back of the seat, looking at her as she told another story, probably about me. I sighed and felt a shoot of something in my chest. Jealousy. I decided to leave. This was far too much to handle. 

2011

I sat up in bed, the telephone next to me ringing loudly. I groaned and answered it. "Hello?" I said. "SOPHIE!!!!! GUESS WHAT!" I heard. I sighed. "Victoria... it's 3am." I said. "I'm sorry, it's midnight here in Paris.... I'm... I'M ENGAGED! TOM JUST PROPOSED!!!"