I'm Finished

(Piper's POV)

"Briiiing!"

I look down at my phone to see an incoming call from Katie. I know why she's calling, so I sigh and answer it.

"Hello?"

"Piper! Rachel and I are coming over to your house- we will be there in fifteen minutes!"

"Why? The social doesn't start for another hour, and Matt is taking me."

"Isn't it obvious? We want you to wear something cute! We're coming over to get slightly made up before the social, and we will leave separately when Matt comes. It'll be fun!"

I smile to myself. "Yeah, okay. See ya in a few, Katie."

"Bye!"

Click.

I open up my messages and send a text to Luke, Will, and Frank.

Piper- You guys are coming to the social, right?

Within a few minutes, I get a response back from them.

Will- Yep! ;)
Frank- yes

Great! All of my friends are accounted for, so I don't have to worry about being alone with Matt.

I wish we could break up. I want to dump his sorry as- I'm not going to finish that sentence.

I am stuck, because he knows one of my most guarded secrets. Don't ask me how he found out- I don't know. I can't let him tell anyone, so I agreed to go out with him so he wouldn't tell anyone.

He uses it as blackmail against me at every chance he gets. But, I'm at my breaking point. He better shape up.

After a few minutes, I hear the doorbell ring, so I open it up to reveal Katie and Rachel.

"Piper, you need to change," Rachel says with a laugh, and I groan.

"You know, I've never understood how you are such a tomboy- your mom owns a crazy successful fashion boutique!" Katie thinks out loud.

I shrug. "I just don't see a need for heaps of make up."

She rolls her eyes at me. "You don't need heaps of make up to dress up a little."

Rachel pushes past me, making a beeline for my expansive walk-in closet. My dad wanted me to be
movie star like him someday, so I have almost everything from homeless rags to red carpet dresses.

"Katie, what color did you think that she should wear?" Rachel says, disappearing into the depths of my closet.

"Hmmm, it depends. Maybe red- no blue. Wait, scratch that. Maybe a light shade of green or lavender?"

I roll my eyes at them and sit back, knowing that I don't get any input on anything until I am actually wearing the outfit.

I pull my hair into a loose side braid as the two of them brainstorm outfits for me.

"Ooh, try this?" Katie asks, and Rachel shakes her head.

"Oh gods no, it's the wrong green!" She says, and Katie sighs and puts it back, muttering about 'artists'.

Eventually, they agree on a soft, sheer, off the shoulder, light pink sweater with a pair of black leggings. As I am putting it on, Rachel chucks a gray beanie at my head.

I put it on, then turn around. Katie claps, and Rachel gives me a thumbs up. "Perfect!"

"Now, we are going to steal your clothes for ourselves," Katie says seriously, dashing into my closet.