Katie's Tattoo

(Katie's POV)

"Alright, Annabeth- if you had to be locked in a closet with anyone here, who would it be?" Jason asks her, raising an eyebrow.

"Oh my gods Jason, you look like a purple highlighter," Percy laughs, and Jason whacks him on the arm.

"Ugh, we're past that now. Annabeth?"

She seems to contemplate her options for a moment, then makes a quick decision. "Hazel, because not only is she my friend, but she wouldn't try anything creepy like the rest of you perverts."

"Oooh, harsh!"

"Whatever, your turn."

She stares us all down. "McLean, Truth or Dare?" She asks Piper, challenging her. Most would have withered under the pressure of that look, but Piper sticks her chin out and meets the challenge.

"Dare."

I'm kinda getting the feeling that Annabeth doesn't really like us, but oh well.

"I dare you to lick someone's elbow. I don't care whose, but it can't be mine."

Piper's eyes widen a little, and she looks around the circle. Rachel sighs and sticks out her elbow, "volunteering as tribute."

Piper looks at it gratefully and licks it.

Annabeth gives her an approving look, and Piper scans the rest of us.

"Alright, how about Katie?" She says with a smirk, looking at me.

"Uh..... Dare, I guess."

"I dare you to show us your tattoo, then guess what your soulmate's tattoo is for you!"

Ugh. Reluctantly, I pull up my sleeve to reveal a tattoo of a cool looking winged-keychain.

Almost immediately, Travis and Percy freeze a little, and Connor bursts into uncontrollable laughter.

"OH, this is just too good!" He gasps, then continues to loose it.

"Connor, get a grip. My gods," Travis says pointedly from the corner. I notice that he looks a little pale.

Connor is actually crying now, and I am just looking back and forth in complete confusion.

"I'll be right back, I need some air," Connor chokes out between laughs, heading into the hallway. He's in hysterics. Percy is rolling his eyes, but stifling a laugh himself.

"Um, am I missing something?" Rachel asks, clearly confused. Frank nods his head, and I pull my sleeve back down quickly.

"You guys know who her soulmate is, don't you?" Will pipes up from the corner, and Percy chuckles a little while Connor comes back into the room.

"We've got a pretty good idea," Connor says, covering his mouth a little.

"You haven't finished your dare, Katie!" Hazel says from across the circle, and I unfreeze and think for a minute.

"Uh, I guess my soulmate would probably have some sort of plant tattoo- I love gardening. Maybe a.... Daisy?"

Connor makes a strange noise at this- something between a quick, loud laugh, a click, and a cough.