chapter 06

In the morning when I woke up I found myself being cuddled in his arms, it was the sweetest thing any girl could ask for. I slowly got off the couch without making a single noise and went to the kitchen to make breakfast. I was calmly relaxing and making breakfast and this silly little boy came and distracted me.

Kevin: morning sunshine. Did you sleep well?

(I played my silly games on him again)

Alison: are you crazy? Have you lost it?

Kevin: no why?

Alison: I couldn’t even sleep for a minute. You were snoring away

Kevin: what! No I didn’t

Alison: oh yeah you did

(He pulled me towards him, carried me and kept me on the kitchen table and kissed me)

Kevin: you know what baby?

Alison: what?

Kevin: you’re a horrible liar

Alison: no I’m not

Kevin: I have proof

Alison: show me

(He unlocked his phone and showed me a picture of me sleeping in his arms and the time it was taken)

Kevin: happy?

Alison: yeah happy to have a guy like you and I would be happier if you let me make breakfast

Kevin: ok! Ok! I’m going

He was just a typical crazy boy. And my biggest weakness and distraction. Kevin and I spent 2 years together. During those two years a lot happened I grew older and mature, much wiser than I used to be. I was a better daughter, friend, sister and girlfriend. Once I was done with my with my studies it was time for me to leave school and bid farewell to all my friends. In those two years I achieved a lot. I was the under 18 champion. We won regional’s and made it to all island and won that as well not just that we won a lot of competitions. Natalie and Rachel well Rachel got married to Zac and Natalie and I got to be her bridesmaid while Kevin and matta was her best men. Natalie and mattew left to Australia for higher studies. On Kevin’s and my two years and five months anniversary aunty rosy called me to her place for lunch even Rachel and Zac were there, the only people missing was Natalie and mattew I missed them it wasn’t really complete without them. After lunch was over Kevin told me to wait that he would be back in a few minutes.

Kevin: do me favor babe and stand up please?

Alison: ok!

(I stood like he wanted me to. He got down on one knee and took out a small box which had a ring in it and proposed to me)

Kevin: I know it’s just completely silly of me to ask you to marry me but I do want to spend the rest of my life with you. Do you?

Alison: yes I do

I was just 18 years old and he was 20 but we were engaged. That day was going so perfectly, so perfect that I was worried something might happen. I took a deep breath and smiled. After lunch Kevin and I wanted to go shopping so we drove to MC. He was 20; he had his license it was legal for him to drive. He was safe driver he had never met with an accident or anything till now. The both of us bought things for each other but it was like we were buying for ourselves. Once we were done it was late in the evening. While Kevin was driving a silly truck came in front of our car and before I could even think our lives were on the line. I was unconscious for 2 days. When I got up I saw my mom, aunty rosy, Rachel and Zac all surrounding the bed the person who I didn’t see was Kevin. I was really nervous I wanted to know where he was and no one would tell me. The worse thing was I couldn’t remember what happen before I was in hospital. My mom hugged me tight and told me not to cry, to be strong that we will all get through this together. When she said that I had got what she meant. It was all over. Kevin had left me and gone for good. I knew it was too a better place but I couldn’t get over the fact the he left me alone and went. During the funeral it made so hard for me when everyone and gave me their condolences, it was of them but it just hurt me more and I had to get used to the fact that he isn’t anymore. It’s been two years now since Kevin passed away but everything we had, our memories I still remember it. It took a long time for me to get over it but eventually with the help of my friends and family I made it through. I know by time I was mature and wiser, but now I feel much more mature and wiser. I have the strength to go through any hardship life puts me through and I know whatever I do, good or bad Kevin will watch over me. And the reason I’m still smiling is cause of him. He told me to always have faith no matter what happens in your life and to always know life will strike you at any moment so cherish what you have, love those who never loved you, forgive those who hurt you after all they are all part of your life no matter what.