Part 8

8

                                                                                            JUSTINE

Andito siya. Andito si Luch. Was she partying? With that girl? She looked so young for her. Are they together? Is that the reason why she's avoiding me?

 I've been trying to reach her, but her phone is always off. Sinubukan kong abangan siya after work, but then never ko siyang naabutan. I felt uncomfortable at the sight of her. Well, at the sight of her with a girl, correction. I stood up to go to the bathroom.

J:

"I'll be back"

As I was heading my way there, I saw Luch leaving the pub. Binilisan ko ang kilos ko para maabutan ko siya. Ihing-ihi na rin kasi ako ako. Paglabas ko, wala na siya.

I raced to the door and I saw her at the parking lot, both hands on her kness, puking. Nilapitan ko siya. I wanted to talk to her. We haven't talked after what happened few weeks ago. And I was worried about her, especially now, seeing her like this. And I needed to know who that girl was.

J:

"Naparami ka yata"

L:

"I had few, but I'm good"

J:

"Obviously"

L:

"Really. It has nothing to do with this"

J:

"Well, I see the logic "

Ngumiti lang siya sa akin. She stood straight and walk to her car. She fished her keys out of her pocket and wiped her mouth with the back of her hand.

L:

"Good."

She walked up to her car without looking at me.

J:

"Wait what are you doing?"

L:

"I'm heading home, obviously?"

This time lumapit na ako sa kanya, blocking her way to the car.

L:

"What now Tyn?"

J:

"Obviously, hindi kita hahayaang mag drive"

She took a step backward, slumped her back against the car and scratched the back of her neck. I moved sideways so that I am facing her.

L:

"I'm okay, okay?"

J:

"Yeah, after puking more or less 2 liters of beer?"

L:

"I told you it had nothing to do with drinking"

J:

"Right."

L:

"Okay so will you excuse me now? I just want to go home"

J:

"Okay, but I'm driving you home"

And with that I grabbed the keys out of her hand and pushed myself inside her car.

L:

"Oh that wouldn't be necessary"

I am already inside revving up the engine.