Part 27

JUSTINE

We got into the car with Luch and I in the backseat while Annie was in the front alongside Flint. Luch was kind of hesitant siting with me, but since Annie almost ran into the passenger's seat, she's left with no choice. 

At alam ko sinadya nila yun. Hindi pa man sila magkakilala ng lubusan, barely strangers even, pero parang alam na alam na nila ang ugali ng isa't isa not to mention they think alike.

Luch is distant and awkwardly quiet and I have no idea what's going on inside her head.

Annie and Flint were busy talking with each other, like the basic where are you from, what do you do for a living, and siyempre kung single pa ba daw.

I think after tonight Annie's status might change. Who knows?

And for me?

Well as of right now, nothing interesting is happening.

And sa tingin ko, hanggang sa pag uwi ko, walang mangyayari. She wouldn't even look at me for crying out loud. Ano ako invisible?

And then Flint spoke.

FE:

"So you guys go to pubs often?"

A:

"Nope, not really, this is the second so far. Actually I was taking Justine out"

FE:

"For?"

A:

"Well to just loosen up, meet new people and stuff, maybe find someone then"

Wow, thanks Annie slash my spokesperson. Good job! Ibuko ba ako?

FE:

"You mean Justine's single?"

A:

"Darn right for the past 2 years"

Oke I might as well fire you Annie. Ugh!

Flint and Annie exchanged glances and then Flint looked up at Luch in the rear view mirror, pero hindi siya tiningnan nito. Deadma like parang walang naririnig.

FE:

"I see e di.."

Flint was supposed to say something but was cut off by a ringing cell phone.

And I suppose it's Luch's.

Ayoko talagang tingnan siya kasi halatang I am making her uncomfortable so my bionic ears would be very useful at this time.

L:

"Hey Mags

Yeah

Really?

I'll check on it and get right back to you.

Yes.

Yes.

Please.

I owe you one.

In 3 days.

Yeah

Bye."

This time hindi ko na mapigilan yung sarili ko, with all the bedroom voice going on, hindi naman siya ganun dati diba? Well time changes a person I guess and pain too.

I snuck a peek at her.

She was scrolling her phone and a ping on it says someone texted her. And then she is smiling from ear to ear.