Part 13

Morning came soon and I woke up before everyone else. The sun was still rising and it was such a pleasure witnessing it.

Nag aagaw yung liwanag at dilim. It was fantastic.

I can live here- I thought to myself. I fixed myself some hot chocolate because I am no coffee drinker.

I slouched on my Helinox sunset chair stretching my feet up when someone stood beside me.

D:

"Hey"

When I looked up it was Denisee smiling brightly at me.

L:

"Hi Nise, Goodmorning! Sit with me" pointing to the other sunset chair.

Denise grabbed the chair and positioned it right beside me.

D:

"Ang ganda ng view diba?"

L:

"Yes. Breath taking"

D:

"Uhmm . . Just want to say sorry about yesterday Luch"

I looked at her, her eyes somewhat apologetic and then I looked back at the sea.

L:

"Okay lang yun"

D:

"No it's not. I mean Carlo has issues you know"

L:

"Right. But really it's okay"

Issues lang, alam na alam ko yun. Carlo knows kung anong meron kami ni Denise before.

The reason why I couldn't blame the guy. In fact I understand where he's coming. But hey, Denise is his girlfriend now, none of this should matter.

She took a deep breath and if I am right she's nervous and I don't know why. I looked at her but she wasn't looking at me.
She's knotting her fingers and it's as if she's compelling to say something.

L:

"You okay Nise?"

D:

"Whew. That's the first time someone actually asked me if I was okay"

I gave her a strange look.

D:

"I mean in a long time"

L:

"Well sorry to hear that"

D:

"It's okay. I just find it weird that it felt good hearing it"

Right now I'm completely confused with Denise.

I'd like to ask but doing it means caring about her and it's not that I don't, I mean, I care for her as a friend.

But knowing her, she'll think there's something more. And that's what I've been avoiding.
But looking at her now, I just really want to be a good friend.

L:

"Wanna talk about it?"

I smiled wryly. She took a deep breath and looked at me before setting her sight to the kids running along the shore.

D:

"We'll the past months have been crazy."

She looked at me again waiting for a response or something.