Part 9

9

That was the last time I saw Justine. Kinabukasan nakatanggap ako ng tawag galing kay Flint. He invited me over to talk about a business plan. In 2 days, I was in Canberra, Australia. I had less than 3 hours to pack my things and to arrange my schedule at Max's.

Ayaw sana akong payagan ni Mr. M, pero sabi nya I badly needed a break, and when we got to there, Flint went straight down to business.

FE:

"So?"

L:

"Hmm"

FE:

"What?"

L:

"Hindi ko pa ata kaya yan Flint"

FE:

"Can you be more specific?"

L:

"I'm just not ready yet, I mean it's Canberra and. ."

FE:

"So? It's less than 2 days drive from Perth and don't tell me you are not financially ready because I had someone look into your account and man, kayang kaya mo na, I mean it's not even the issue right?"

L:

"Wait did you just say you had someone checked my account?"

FE:

"You heard me"

L:

"That's illegal, not even possible. Pano mo nagawa yun?"

FE:

"Connections"

Saying that with an evil smirk.

FE:

"I'm sure you won't sue me naman diba hahaa"

L:

"You are unbelievable"

FE:

"Come on please say yes. Luch, even Dad was telling me to put more effort in convincing you on this. Sayang yung husay mo, I mean no offense but you can do better than just be a sous chef at Max's. You know that.

L:

"I don't know"

I am staring at the window of the hotel room, contemplating on what to tell him. Pero alam ko na tama siya. It's been more than 2 years I'm with Max's and I know the business too well. So, anong ikinakatakot ko?

FE:

"Is it because of something else?"

Binalin ko ang tingin ko sa kanya.

L:

"And what could that be?"

He raised both his hands and shrugged.

FE:

"I don't know, a girl maybe"

L:

"That's the last thing on my mind right now Flint"

I lied.

FE:

"Then what's stopping you? C'mon, be ready in 5 and we'll go to the place I've been telling you"

+++++

Canberra is the capital city of Australia. The weather is a lot like Perth, dry and warm. We drove around Woden Valley, kung saan nakahanap si Flint ng magandang location for business. It is situated along the busy streets of Woden town centre, which includes a major shopping centre, called Westfield Woden. Perfect spot for hungry shoppers.