They're Just So Darn Cute

I love being a 2nd grade teacher. The kids in my class are so cute and innocent. They're at the perfect age. I used to teach 6th grade, but I quickly realized that was a mistake. 6th grade is where the cliques form, the bullying flourishes, and the kids truly learn how to be terrible to each other. By that age, they're corrupted by gruesome videos on the internet and their peers crudely explaining s** to them. They have no respect for authority and no desire to learn.

No. 2nd grade children are far better. Their parents are still making an attempt to shield them from the harshness of the world. They look at me with wide eyes, eager to learn, drinking in all that i share them.

My favorite day is Valentine's Day. The children make little paper pockets that they tape to their desks to be filled with cards and candy. This year, I baked delicious cookies at home and I arrived early to deliver one to each student. I'm so excited to see their reactions.

I smile all morning. I smile as the kids arrive, dressed in red and pink. I smile as they happily tear into their construction paper holders to see what's inside. I smile as they give me an adorable "Thank you, Ms. Collins!" once they see the cookies I've made them. I smile as they bite into them. And I smile as, one by one, they fall to the ground, choking and vomiting and turning blue.

After all, they're at such a cute age. It would be a shame to let them grow up.

[Man, that was so dark that I almost didn't want to put it into this book. But it is scary stories after all. Poor kids. xp and DANG, i felt like i was typing a Novel. xD]