Stacy

Everything is pitch black and I'm terrified. I can't see anything, I can't feel anything, I can't even scream. I feel like I'm drifting aimlessly around space, unsure if I'll ever find solid ground. I'm in the middle of a panic attack when I suddenly feel a tug in my chest, then I feel some sort of pressure build up. I close my eyes, and when i open them I'm in Alex's arms. I'm okay, I'm safe. I look up at him and I see his eyes glowing a bright white. I stare into them, they're so beautiful. The light quickly die down and they return to their original color. I've never noticed before but they seem to be a strange hazel. He looks down at me with a peaceful expression, then it seems like he realizes the position we're in and quickly lets go of me. I become somewhat disappointed. I felt so safe in his arms. What? What am I talking about? All this magic is driving me crazy.
"You okay?"
Of course I'm okay, I'm just dandy. I turn my body towards Alex and cross my arms, he looks at me puzzled. Oh, I didn't say that out loud.
"Of course I'm okay, I'm just dandy."
Not as good the second time, but he doesn't know that.
"Well I'm glad you're okay... NOW HOW THE HELL DID THEY KNOW WE WERE THERE!?"
Did this little shit just yell at me?
"Well I'm not the one who had the bright idea of hiding in their house."
"No but I was the one who specifically told you to stay in the dining room or your room and to not touch anything."
Oh yah, he did didn't he. Whoops.
"What the hell was so shiny that you couldn't help but put your hands on?"
He's yelling at me, why is he yelling? It's not my fault, it isn't. It's not my fault that we had to escape, it's not my fault that I touched it, it's not my fault that he brought me there, it's not my fault that there is a piece of some old guy inside me, it's not my fault that someone is trying to kill me, it's not my fault at all. I feel tears start to build up in my eyes. But it is my fault, I should have listened, I shouldn't have done anything, I shouldn't even be here. This is too much, I can't handle all of this. It's too much. I feel a tear run down my cheek, and he sees it. All the anger drains from his face, and he looks at me with such concern. He grabs me and pulls me into a hug.
"I'm sorry. You're right it's my fault. You're okay now and that's all that matters."
He squeezes me against his body, and I somehow begin to feel better. Why is he able to make me feel better so easily? Why does he seem to care so much? Who is he? What does he want? What does he get out of it? He pulls back and looks towards the ground, away from my eyes. He just hugged me, comforted me, and now it's almost like he wants to avoid me. What is it that I don't know?
"Please, tell me what you touched."
I'm not even 100% sure. It was old, swordy, and looked completely bad ass. It was weird, it felt... powerful. I don't know, but being near it, it felt like it was almost alive.
"What was it you said that those god people have their Knights?"
He quickly darts his eyes up.
"A sword imbued with a piece of their soul."
"I think it might have been that."
"Was it bleeding?"
It did seem to be bleeding, though I didn't think it was actually blood.
"It looked like it."
He gives a wicked big smile. Great, what now? I feel like I just don't understand anything.
"Yah, so what? What's so important about that."
"It reacted to you, and it was so powerful that it alerted Isaac of your presence."
That's soooooo helpful.
"Okay... So why is that important?"
"Trust me, it's very important."
He looks up at the sky. It's turning into a bright orange color, signaling night will fall upon us shortly. Oh that was a very intellectual sentence. Too bad only I heard that.
"We should get moving."
He starts walking away and I'm slow to follow.
"Where are we going now."
"A safe place."
"Well you said the last place was a safe place."
"I also told you not to touch anything."
"Well still."
"Well this place is actually safe by default, but still, probably best not to touch anything."
"Well is this place far?"
"Very."
"So can't we just do that teleporting thing you did before like 10 minutes ago."
"That's for emergencies."
"Some psyco God chasing after me isn't an emergency?"
"Trust me, I've been in worse situations."
Interesting, maybe I can get something out of him. Some insight into his past.
"Fine, but can we get some food on the way."
"What happened to crazy god chasing you?"
"Well I can't run on an empty stomach."
"Fine we'll stop."
"I want tacos."
"Fine we'll get tacos."
"I like tacos."
"Are you going to be like this the entire way there?"
Oh he has no idea.