Seven Years

(Seven years later- 1981)

I was in my room, looking at the rain outside my window in front of my bed. I traced a happy face onto the window, but I noticed the humidity caused water to come down from the eyes. It looked like tears.

It's been seven years since the incident.

Mom, Pietro, Lorna and I don't talk about it. We didn't call the cops. We all knew that if we did, they won't care if it was self-defense. I'm a Mutant so that's all they would need to arrest me. I don't even doubt that they might have put me in the death penalty. The justice system is atrocious here.

Thus, we didn't say anything. Pietro did explain to me that somehow...nobody looked for them. Not their families or their other friends. They weren't pleading for their return or whereabouts on the news. No missing posters were stabled on telephone poles. It confused me but it still didn't change anything.

I didn't leave my house ever since. I never even walked around the block.

I didn't attend Xavier's School for The Gifted. I couldn't with the amount of children there. I just can't risk it. It was really heartbreaking for me. Mom had to explain to Hank on the phone about what happened to me a few days after the incident.

I still want to go but I don't wanna hurt anybody. Or worse. I don't want it to be worse.

The incident had taught me something. Nobody can help me control my powers.

Nobody.

I can.

I closed my eyes. It's back again. Every time that voice appears, a deep hum comes with it. It's irritating. It's like a deep bass vibrating in my head.

I can help you, Wanda.

"Go away." I whispered.

You can't keep pushing me down.

"Shut up!" I hissed, my hands clutching knees.

The deep hum faded and my thoughts were cut off when I heard a knock on the door. I rubbed my temples, clearing my throat. "It's open."

The door opened.

"Looking at the rainy sky?" Mom asked.

"Well, it's not that boring looking at it." I commented, then looked at her. "It's peaceful." She fixed the maroon shawl around her shoulders and walked over. She looked at the window before turning to me.

"Why do you want to be trapped in your room? It's been seven years. I know you, Sweetie. You want to be out there. Go to the mall. Have fun with your brother and sister." Mom explained.

"Well, Mom, it's not fun when you're trying to control your power but still manage kill five people in five seconds." I quietly snapped, then closed my eyes. I opened and met the sympathetic eyes of my mother.

"I'm sorry." I spoke, scratching my thumbnail. The dark blue polish chipping away.

"Wanda, it wasn't intentional. You defended yourself. If you didn't do what you did, they would've hurt you, or worse." Mom continued, her voice cracking. She covered her mouth and closed her teary eyes. "I can't ever think about it."

I leaned forward and took her hand. Mom sniffled and looked at me.

"I could've lost you, Wanda. And with you in this room and putting yourself down, I still feel like I'm losing you. And I don't want to lose one of my babies." Mom explained.

I looked down.

"What do you want me to do, Mom? I-I can't control it. The only way that people can be safe from me is if I stay here." I spoke. She quickly shook her head.

"No. That's not the only way."

"Then, what's the other way?" I asked. Mom smiled.

"Go to the school for the gifted."

I closed my eyes and sighed at her answer.

"Mom, I can't do that. That'll put more people in danger. Kids especially!" I replied.

"Wanda, I'm not a mutant. But if I was, I would go to that school so they can help me." Mom spoke.

"How will they help? I can't even help myself."

"Now, that's where you're wrong. You'll have teachers to help you. Friends you'll meet will help. You just gotta let them in and let them help you." Mom explained sincerely. "Being isolated in a room isn't gonna help you at all."

I looked at her, giving her a nod in agreement. Somehow, Mothers are always right.

I know Charles will not stop trying to help me. He's the kind of guy not to.

I sighed.

"But it's been years since it opened. You think they'll still enroll me?" I asked, my voice containing a little hope.

"Okay, one, since the Professor cares about you, he'll enroll you with no problem. No doubt about it. And two, why don't you ask him?" Mom asked. I furrowed my eyebrows.

Him? Who the hell is him?

Mom got up and let out her hand. "Come with me."

I hesitated, before grabbing her hand and getting up.

We walked down stairs and I quickly noticed a tall figure. My eyes widened as I recognized his face.

"Hello, Wanda."

I smiled. A large smile that hasn't erupted in my face in years.

"Hank! Oh my God!" I shouted happily, running up to Hank and tackling him in a hug. "It's so good to see you!"

He chuckled and hugged me back. I pulled away and looked up at him.

"It's been too long." Hank commented with a smile.

"Yep. It has. Things have changed." I answered with a small smile and a nod. Not for the better unfortunately.

"So...I guess my mom told you to come over, huh?"

"She said that you weren't yourself after...you know." Hank replied with a frown. "I'm really sorry you went through that. We'll help you in anyway we can." I slowly nodded. Will they?

"Now then, are you ready to come to school? The professor and I have been waiting. If we can get there on time, you can choose your classes and not have one that's handed to you." Hank explained. I turned around and looked at my mom and the rest of my family.

"Mom?" I asked. Maybe I do need that push.

"You told me seven years ago, you need this." Mom said. I smiled at her and turned to Hank.

"Yeah. I'm ready."

There's the push.

A/N: A beautiful moment between Wanda and her mom.

Anyway, next chapter is when she goes to Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters! Can't wait!